--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm.... body aches and a sore throat. I guess I've got the kid's illness from two weeks ago. I would love to go home, but I've got some crappy meeting I can't miss right after lunch.

There is something going on here. ODB is sick, D-man is sick, JR is sick as well, Cannot remember who else but I am sure there are a few more that are sick. I had to come back home early today with fever, cough, sore throat and sinus congestion too.

Hmmmm...are these things cyber-transmitted?

Ho-l-l-l-l-l-y Sh-sh-sh-sh-sh it! I thought I was getting better, but I am frickin' SHIVERING at my desk now. I'd go home, but I had to meet with some air permit applicant who is currently suiing us (unrelated matter), ao I couldn't just cancel. Now I have to document said meeting, and create a new emissions calc spreadsheet. uhhhhhhhhh.

I took 2 Motrins and the chills went away. Now I got the sweats. But I think I will continue working.

The truly foolish thing is that I am seriously considering attending the Hash run tonight. It's a special run we put on every year for the visiting professional triathletes that come here for the Saipan X-Terra Championship (this past weekend) and the "Tagaman" triathlon, this weekend. It's always fun to watch their reactions to a "fun" trail run, which is designed to screw them up and get them lost. At the very least, I might just go drive the beer truck and sit in a chair. I think I am in danger of collapse if I try to actually run with this fever.

I stayed home today. Spent the night alternating between teeth-chattering chills and sheet-soaking sweats. Ugh.

But, I am happy to report that I did go to the Hash run as planned. I didn't run, but just sat around and BS'd and had a few beers while my wife ran.

^^^ I ended up staying home every day this week. Didn't get much accomplished except for a lot of sleeping from the knockout cold elixirs.

I am still recovering, but I think I am mostly suffering from the malaise brought on by not being up and active for a few days. I have my 8-hr OSHA Refresher recert tomorrow. I will most likely go to it in the hopes I can begin to pull out of this crappy whatever the hell it is.

JR

I just got back from Dr. Nick's, with the obligatory antibiotics, which I probably don't need. Oh well. After handling two living/dying rats, and one dead dog this week, I figure I've earned it.

I STILL feel like shit !! :brickwall: :brickwall:

I was able to keep my dinner (Seared Ahi Tuna dipped in black sesame seeds) down for the first time this week and I am not sneezing/coughing up [use your imagination]. I think if I take a strong cough suppressant (I heard Delsym is good) and dress warmly then I can manage to wing an 8-hr OSHA Refresher.

Oh yeah .. that also means no spamming from me today. :)

JR

Edit: I spoke too soon ...

Last edited:
Crikes .. shivering has stopped as well as coughing but now the back of my throat feels like someone has taken a belt sander with 50 grit paper and went to town. Good grief !!! :(

JR

P.S. - my throat is so raw the baileys burned going down. :(

You should go home and rest. I think a combination of stresses on your mind and body has messed up your immune system.

^^^ I actually stayed home each day this week - I missed one entire week out of work. I can't honestly believe that I am STILL sick!! :brickwall:

I agree with you - I think I am suffering from a complete breakdown in all bodily systems. I am working on getting it right though. :) :thumbs:

In this case -1 :woot:

JR

I wish I would have found this magical elixir before today ... it is called Delsym. Good stuff!! It has done an excellent job at suppressing my chest-crushing, wheezy cough. I actually feel like I can breathe ...

JR

^^^That sounds identical to what has been going around here. My Dr. Nick over-prescription of anitbiotics MAY have worked - the sore throat and fever have disappeared now and I feel decent again. Maybe you should go to your local quack house and suggest some zitromax, too.

I started feeling like shit about 8 PM last night, very suddenly. I felt OK when I started making dinner but by the time it was ready I was barely interested in eating. Went right to bad with a nasty headache and nausea.

Today the nausea is still here but my whole body is extremely achey too. Back, knees, ankles, etc. And I can't warm up for the life of me. I walked around the block to get some fresh air this morning, and while it was chilly it wasn't unseasonably cold. I shivered for an hour after that.

I've had an experience like that before. Went from feeling fine to crappy in about 2 hours, to throwing up about 6 hours later. Bad chills too.

The only good thing about it was it went away nearly as fast as it came on. Hopefully your sickness clears up just as fast!

^ There has been a lot of that going around in these parts this winter. I haven't had the 3 day deathfest this year but there have been 3-4 times where I've had a killer 24 hour bug.

Back