--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had site assessments at local fire stations yesterday. super excited. planned on looking extra cute. 

had death settle upon me. was in actuality a ghost pale face, clammy and exhausted and definitely not my normal charming self. I feel like I let myself down. Feeling miserable but non infectious today.

Ugh. Flu got me before I could get my annual (required) flu shot. First actual case of flu in well over 10 years for me (updated flu shot in September of each of those years until now). Lost a weekend and 3 days of work (good videogaming though).

Sucks - almost the full range of possible symptoms, including intestinal involvement (yuck). Super contagious, too. My son brought it home from high school, and the rest of us had it within 48 hours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. Flu got me before I could get my annual (required) flu shot. First actual case of flu in well over 10 years for me (updated flu shot in September of each of those years until now). Lost a weekend and 3 days of work (good videogaming though).

Sucks - almost the full range of possible symptoms, including intestinal involvement (yuck). Super contagious, too. My son brought it home from high school, and the rest of us had it within 48 hours. 
Sounds like the perfect time to try for some of those alternate Witcher 3 endings!

Damn this "flu" really wiped me out. About a full week with overt symptoms, but now, 10 days on, I am still feeling fatigued and just overall like shit. I guess the good news is I lost a few pounds!

I put flu in quotes because there are a few others I know who had it and got tested, and it was negative for influenza virus. So who knows what the heck it was, but it suuuucked.

Can't stand this f*cking sciatica anymore.  Woke up at 4 am, felt like my lower back and hip were getting struck by lightning.  I'll be sitting/laying doing nothing, and then WHAM, seeing stars for a few seconds.  Need to go get checked out to rule out anything more serious than bulging/herniated disc.  As much as I hate to say it, I really need to start doing yoga a few times a week.

Can't stand this f*cking sciatica anymore.  Woke up at 4 am, felt like my lower back and hip were getting struck by lightning.  I'll be sitting/laying doing nothing, and then WHAM, seeing stars for a few seconds.  Need to go get checked out to rule out anything more serious than bulging/herniated disc.  As much as I hate to say it, I really need to start doing yoga a few times a week.
at least the stretching. you sure it's sciatica and not piriformis

I had that issue a year back, physio therapy helped a lot. Also when it acts up again, I just do those suggested exercises and it helps a lot.

I had that issue a year back, physio therapy helped a lot. Also when it acts up again, I just do those suggested exercises and it helps a lot.
I feel your pain, Supe. I had sciatica a few years ago, and it was exactly as you describe. Excruciating. I found that yoga, specific stretches, chiropractor visits, and an inversion table were the best remedies for me.

at least the stretching. you sure it's sciatica and not piriformis
Yes.  I have my piriformis worked on quite a bit because it is perpetually tight, and it's offering no relief.  My massage therapist is pretty confident its a disc issue based on what she's done with no improvement.  I just wish it flared up earlier in the year so it would have been covered under my out of pocket max!

Our little one got sick a few days ago, and now the Mrs and I are sick as well. Sore throats and whatnot.

Went skiing on Saturday. First run, caught an edge, yard saled right under the lift. Left shoulder separated, and had to hit it back into place. Skiied down to one of the restaurants, and had patrol check it out. I had full range of motion, pain level was at about a 4/10, and there was not structural damage, so I signed a release and they said to take it easy, ice it, and if the pain got worse to go see the doc. Skiied the rest of the day on easy groomers, and promptly ended Dry-uary that night. The pain is manageable with ibuprofen, and the swelling isn't too bad, but I'll still take it easy for a week or two. 🙁

Back