--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still feeling like shit today.  Junior had her BFF over Friday night, who of course woke up sick at our house Saturday morning.  Mid-day Sunday I started feeling nauseous and shitty, and had a fever on and off until yesterday morning - one of those awesome "sweat through your PJ's and bed sheets" kind of fevers.  Needless to say, I had even less motivation to come in today than usual, and that's tough to do.

Was invited out to eat at "Bad Daddy's" burger place the other night for the neighbor's kid's birthday.  Didn't want to go, but Mrs. Supe made me trudge along.  Based on what my guts had been doing the past two days, they probably should change the name to "Salmonella Sister's".  Turns out at least half a dozen of us were nauseous/sick after eating there.

I think they originated out here in Denver- we used to really like the one near us but it went severely downhill after about a year- sucks cause the bad daddy amber ale is pretty good and there “2 limit” margaritas are also excellent but something happened with there food and overall staff...

Their staff was hot garbage.  They got a drink order wrong, and waaaay undercooked someone's burger who ordered it medium, and the waitress proceeded to come back and explain why she was wrong...

Her's was a step above mooing, closer to rare than medium.

But it sucks there quality has gone down so much, i think when they first opened they had brought in a staff of people who just go around and open restaurants - so the first 6 months we were really digging it - and then it severely dropped off - we don't go anymore at all.  Also they seem to put them on the edge of the "tracks" and the last few times we went the customers were more annoying than the staff.. (drunk and loud mainly)

Seasonal allergies? I get them really bad every change of season.
It seems more like a cold than seasonal allergies, though it might have something to do with the change of seasons (even though the season isn't really changing here right now). I don't typically get any real noticeable seasonal allergies. which is what makes me suspicious of it being a head cold.

Around here, there was definitely some crud floating around.  Mrs. Supe was sick, all her neighbor friends were sick, my massage therapist was sick, and all looked/sounded the same.  I could feel some nasal drip coming on and nose sprayed the hell out of myself - think I managed to avoid it.  

For the better part of my life I never had allergy problems.  As I get older the seasonal allergies symptoms are brutal.  Congestion stuffiness and eye burning.  It sux

For the better part of my life I never had allergy problems.  As I get older the seasonal allergies symptoms are brutal.  Congestion stuffiness and eye burning.  It sux
I’ve had them since as long as I can remember. I don’t mind the itchy eyes, scratchy throat or most of the other symptoms most of the time, but I can’t stand the congestion. Can’t sleep when only one nostril (maximum) works.

For those of you with chronic/horrible seasonal allergies, I cannot recommend immunotherapy/allergy shots enough.  They were life changing for me.  I have not been back to the ER since starting them. 

My brother did allergy shots when we were growing up, because he had a lot of allergies to things from the environment, to eggs and fish, to cats... They definitely helped the environmental allergies a lot! And lucky for him, he outgrew the food allergies as he got older, too.

And lucky for him, he outgrew the food allergies as he got older, too.
I've gone the opposite route.  Was allergic to nothing as a kid - as I get older, allergic to most fruits with a skin, mild allergy to various nuts, horrible pomegranate allergy, etc. 

Back