--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X rays show collapsed disc between L5 and S1.  Muscle relaxers to stop the spasms, hydrocodone for the pain, and prednisone to help with the inflammation.  I passed the f*ck out at 6:30 yesterday, awoken only by the sound of one of the dogs barfing this morning.  My body is tilting back and forth between passing out and continual tremors from the steroids.  My brain feels like its on another planet right now.

Left work early on Thursday feeling like crap, Dr.'s Friday morning.  On antibiotics for another massive sinus infection which has now made its way into my chest.  Feel awful.

Also got a pair of abrasion burns on my ankles from a piece of gym equipment?  I never knew something so stupid could hurt so bad.  If I brush up against something or even just stand up, it feels like someone is putting a hot brand to the side of my legs.  I guess if its deep enough, it exposes the nerves while it heals.  Ugh.

about to do my 1st ever video doc visit - got some knee pain from trying to "run while fat" that just hasnt gone away over the last few months- hoping to get some stronger anti inflammatory meds or something - well see how this goes - I could get used to not going to the doctors office for stuff like this..

about to do my 1st ever video doc visit - got some knee pain from trying to "run while fat" that just hasnt gone away over the last few months- hoping to get some stronger anti inflammatory meds or something - well see how this goes - I could get used to not going to the doctors office for stuff like this..
My allergist appointment took 5 minutes, it was sweet!

yeah I could get used to this, took 45 minutes but that was mostly because the doc was from Atlanta so we were singing songs about the south land....

It was funny  I guess they are working from home too, his kids kept running in and out of his office..

Its weird to talk to someone who knows where "The Big Chicken" is...

I don't know how they can do a physical via a video appointment.

I'm waiting until things aren't crazy about the beer flu anymore.

Man, I just cannot get my chest and sinuses cleared up.  They've been horrible ever since that dust storm came through.  Sudafed helps with the pressure, but it keeps coming back!

STILL can't shake this cough.  Allergist appt. tomorrow morning.  Been really tight/tough to breath last two days, and now I can feel it settle in.  Hoping they get me on a steroid or something ASAP, as I'll be scared to death if this turns into pneumonia right now.  

STILL can't shake this cough.  Allergist appt. tomorrow morning.  Been really tight/tough to breath last two days, and now I can feel it settle in.  Hoping they get me on a steroid or something ASAP, as I'll be scared to death if this turns into pneumonia right now.  
Are you sure it's not the Rona?

Are you sure it's not the Rona?
Pretty sure.  No fever (been checking daily), feel fine otherwise, somewhat controlled with Benadryl, etc.  If they want me to get tested, I won't say no, though.

Yep, smell/taste is normal, no aches/pains, just sinus/ear congestion and the cough.  It calms down when I go outside into the hot and humid air, and gets worse when I stay inside where it's cool and dry, which can also be triggering it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I was in trouble the moment the ash plume erupted.  Serves me right for trying to help with clearing the underbrush.  We have a several dead/termite invested trees along the back property line, but the undergrowth was too thick to access the trees.  Spent a some time tending the burn pile for all the saplings and brush, I got a face full of soot and ash when one of the kiddos tossed a larger chunk into the fire and the wind gusted at exactly the wrong moment.  Sneezing like crazy this morning.     

It's that time of year again!  My damned left ear won't stay unplugged.  I haven't been able to hear shit for three days!

Back