--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still so much phlegm! Yay!

And a stuffy head to go with it. This inhaler I got for my cough doesn't seem to be helping much, unless I got a different viral/bacterial infection, which seems to be a possibility at the moment.

omg...the nurse giving me my allergy shot this morning must have had a case of the shakes.  I've never that actual injections hurt so much.  It was like she was moving the needle around as she was hitting the plunger.  they both bleed, they both felt like they were on fire for over  30 minutes When i got to work i popped some tylenol to calm the nerves in the arm, but they are down to a  low simmer now 3 hrs later.  

I know the pain, Snick.  The really good ladies doing my shots can manage to get just skin, but I don't have much skin or fat on my triceps, so a lot of them get the muscle with the tip of the needle.  They hurt like a BITCH, give me big welts, and feel like someone dropkicked me in the arms for about two days.  By the time I get back to my car, I'm usually rubbing them while saying "fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk" out loud to myself.

had two major allergy attacks at work this week thanks to the new cleaning crew.  not sure what they are using to clean the bathrooms, but it permeates the area to a distance of at least 100 ft from their carts.  I didn't evacuate soon enough and the throat started tickling/closing.  had 10 minute coughing fit monday as the muscles spasmed.  yesterday almost the same thing.  turned into normal delayed reaction too, eyes water, nose run sneeze.  Told my boss I will be disappearing for 20 minutes every day while they clean the bathroom until something is done.  He did actually contact someone to start the process.  But like all bureaucratic BS it will take awhile.  She will have to talk to boss's boss who then has to talk to HR who then has to talk to state contracting folks since they let the cleaning contract, then they have to talk to the cleaning company and then who knows what will happen.  probably nothing since it is impossible to get a dr note for something you don't know what it is and isn't tested for.  

Man, I still have an awful headache.  Totally dehydrated this weekend.  Incredibly humid and already well into the 90's this weekend.  Several hours in the sun hauling dirt/plants, and then weeding the garden beds, followed by welding in the garage which had zero airflow.  It seemed like no matter how much water I drank, my body couldn't keep up.  Had to call it quits yesterday when I felt ready to puke.

Ugh.  Had a sinus headache at the race two weekends ago.  Fought it, fought it, and then flying home pushed it over the edge.  Settled into my chest, now on antibiotics and cough syrup for bronchitis.  I think this is the longest gap (nearly two years) that I had gone without a sinus/chest infection since starting allergy shots.

Hope you feel better soon @Supe.  I had a molar out last week and just starting to feel 'normal'.  Haven't had a beer in over a week.

Sinuses seem to have cleared, but the stuff in my chest doesn't feel like its loosened up.  Have I think 4 or 5 more days on the antibiotics, so fingers crossed.  Otherwise, it will be prednisone time again :(

Hope you feel better.  I know how hard withdrawal can be. 

Probably TMI, but today is the first day in nearly a week that I can walk without it hurting.  I woke up last Monday or Tuesday with a burning on the inside of my thigh (chub rub territory).  There was a spot with a raised center, red and swollen.  Next day, the swollen area was about golf ball size (half surface, half under).  A week of ointments, compresses, etc., and its finally almost back to normal.  About 99% positive it was some sort of spider/insect bite.  Thankfully it's down to basically a dry patch of skin about the size of a dime now, but any time legs, underwear, etc. would rub against it, it would burn like bad sunburn. 

Probably TMI, but today is the first day in nearly a week that I can walk without it hurting.  I woke up last Monday or Tuesday with a burning on the inside of my thigh (chub rub territory).  There was a spot with a raised center, red and swollen.  Next day, the swollen area was about golf ball size (half surface, half under).  A week of ointments, compresses, etc., and its finally almost back to normal.  About 99% positive it was some sort of spider/insect bite.  Thankfully it's down to basically a dry patch of skin about the size of a dime now, but any time legs, underwear, etc. would rub against it, it would burn like bad sunburn. 

tenor.gif

Yikes. Insect bites can be nasty  

I got bitten by some terrible wasp a couple years ago doing yard work.  It hurt so bad I thought I hit my leg with the string trimmer.    Still have a round 3/8" scar on my shin.   Hurt for days. 

I'm just glad it went away without antibiotics or *gulp* LANCING.

Ugh.  I suspected my antibiotics hadn't been enough to kill off my sinus infection, but the prednisone I was on for my shoulder was masking its return.  Now that the prednisone's done, it's hit me full force.  Popped some sudafed to try to open things up/dry it out, but figure I'll be back at the doctors again tomorrow for a different/stronger antibiotic.

Last edited by a moderator:
blah so tired of watching troll hunters with snickette.  GOt called around lunchtime that she puked and needed to get picked up.  She has puked once more since I picked her up.  6 kids were appparently out yesterday.  weird short lived bug, no fever, just an intense headache right before tossing their cookies then ok until the next headache.  

Back