--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the doc's this morning.  End result of a few weeks of steroids, muscle relaxers, and anti-inflammatories?  Arms no longer feel like they're on fire, but still have pins and needles down both arms/hands, and now my right elbow reflex is dead along with my left.  Whoops.

Now waiting on insurance approval for a neck MRI.  He said they may have to do a nerve study (I forget the technical name for it), but I hope not, because that shit sucks.  I remember having one done in my hand after my carpal tunnel surgery didn't work, and you basically sit and get electrocuted for an hour.  

Left lymph node on my neck is swollen as shit, too, which always means I'm getting sick.  Hope I fend off whatever it is.

Think I dodged getting sick, but back is really, really bothering me.  Just mowing the lawn was agonizing.  Eating Advil like its movie theater candy.  MRI scheduled for this Friday.

So here's a story. 

I went to Thailand. Made best friends with an elephant and her baby. My intestines decided to play exorcist. Side note: I hate cilantro.

I got back from Thailand. Stomach wasn't finished. couple weeks for recovery.

Another month later. Again. This time only for a few days...

Oh, and I bought a house?

So here's a story. 

I went to Thailand. Made best friends with an elephant and her baby. My intestines decided to play exorcist. Side note: I hate cilantro.

I got back from Thailand. Stomach wasn't finished. couple weeks for recovery.

Another month later. Again. This time only for a few days...

Oh, and I bought a house?
That's quite a story! Have you talked to a publisher yet to fill in the gaps?

Welcome back!

That's quite a story! Have you talked to a publisher yet to fill in the gaps?

Welcome back!
haha thanks. to be honest i completely spaced on EB :(. had to replace my phone before thailand and didn't get notifications and I feel like a slacker now! 

here's about 6 hours pre exorcism, with my bff mae boontong

View attachment 9334

Congratulations on getting to exorcise your intestines into your own shitter(?).

When we went to Thailand we made it a point to only eat at nice restaurants. The street food looked good, but there was no way I was going to take the chance of spending my vacation sitting on the toilet. 

Maybe the elephant was the problem. Those things are filthy.

We have yet to get sick from eating Thai street food, but we stick with stuff that uses minimal cooking water, like satay or papaya salad. I used to eat streetside rice porridge whenever I visited as a kid but that was out in the jungle back when the water was cleaner. Wouldn't risk it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mass email from my company:

Summary
The US CDC issued a "Watch-Level 1" travel health advisory on April 17 due to measles activity in Germany. This travel health notice is the lowest of three advisory levels, notifying travelers of baseline or slightly elevated risk at a destination, often associated with specific risk factors. This level of advisory emphasizes the need for travelers to practice usual health precautions, predominantly ensuring vaccination and practicing hand and respiratory hygiene, in the case of measles.

I'm actually not sure what it was, could have just been something washed with tap water or a compiling of bits of gross along the way. i had some awesome food, a great time, and made lots of memories, so overall it was great. but I legit thought there was someone spinning my intestines around for about 36 hours of misery. Ended up missing a cooking class and a not so great massage, and everyone else got sick from potentially that class. missed the day I would be the most OK with missing anyway, and rallied through in time to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat. woooo

Maybe the elephant was the problem. Those things are filthy.

We have yet to get sick from eating Thai street food, but we stick with stuff that uses minimal cooking water, like satay or papaya salad. I used to eat streetside rice porridge whenever I visited as a kid but that was out in the jungle back when the water was cleaner. Wouldn't risk it now.
I was starting to not feel great Pre-elephant. I think the adrenaline and excitement got me through until our return from the trip. 

welllllllllllllllllllllllll my building is on lockdown. there was a robbery and the suspect is thought to be in the building adjacent to mine. all of the blocks are blocked with all of the police vehicles. apparently 2 officers have been shot and there's a bomb robot being sent somewhere. so that's fun. This isn't even the "exciting" corner. further down the street on the other side of the building is where all the action is. Posted this here because if something unfortunate goes down, it might be the appropriate location. 

Back