The Fat Season has arrived!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are also hosting dinner and I'm doing the cooking. Should I try a tofurkey? Think anyone would be back next year? :dunno:

Though I do think I need to check out this hashbrown casserole.

Any really good green bean casserole recipes?  Every one I've ever had always seemed to runny.  I like to put bacon in mine.
I can only assume that turkey bacon would really tie it together.

Typical Thanksgiving:

Bacon-wrapped Turkey

Mashed sweet potatoes

Green Bean Casserole

Cherry Coke salad

Rolls

Cheeseball & crackers

Peel & eat shrimp w/ cocktail sauce

This year:

Prime rib, Green Bean Casserole, Cheeseball, pumpkin pie.  Not much else because it's only 4 of us.

We are also hosting dinner and I'm doing the cooking. Should I try a tofurkey? Think anyone would be back next year? :dunno:

Though I do think I need to check out this hashbrown casserole.

I can only assume that turkey bacon would really tie it together.
Turkey bacon should not exist.

It's actually really good. A really tangy cherry jello instead of the "cranberry sauce" most people eat.

We're hosting thanksgiving for the first time this year.  My wife says we have to do a whole traditional Southern thanksgiving like her granny does:

Collards
How do you cook your collards?  I put them in my gumbo, but after that I have bad memories from my grandmother's house of some over-cooked green mush with turnips...

How do you cook your collards?  I put them in my gumbo, but after that I have bad memories from my grandmother's house of some over-cooked green mush with turnips...
I'll have to check with my wife for the whole recipe, but it's basically collards, chicken broth, water, bacon and cook for a couple hours.  There's probably some other seasonings in there that I'm not aware of.

have i mentioned that i tried making cranberry sauce last year and it was TERRIBLE

never.again.

whiskey instead? same same?  :dunno:  

problem is i'm not drinking til 2018 lolll

Last edited by a moderator:
Back