The Cooking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meh.ro7628.jpg

Oldie but goodie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made marinated chicken thighs (boyfriend helped as my flight was delayed by 2hrs), rice, and broccoli.

Seasame oil, soy sauce, garlic, scallions, parsley, and a couple of other things made up the marinade

imagejpeg_1(4).jpg

Made a roast, Yorkshire pudding (which didn't rise quite right), gravy, and green beans for an early Thanksgiving dinner with Boyfriends family

20191124_193903.jpg

Cooking thread: request

I went to Costco and bought x2 eye rounds.  Originally my plan was to make for Thanksgiving beef stew (cutting up one into smaller pieces) and throw the other one in the freezer for future idk.  Well, that plan went out the window due to a new friend wanting to do a simple Thanksgiving movie + dinner somewhere.  So I threw the packaged eye rounds in the freezer to wait, since I didn't want them to get weird in the fridge since it'd already been a couple days.

Now I'm trying to figure out some good recipes for them.  Any ideas?  Something beginner-friendly?  Maybe not just making a roast from it (unless that's the only thing it's good for)?  I'm pretty good at baking, but I always get confused about cooking for some reason...

we did 90% of the thanksgiving cooking / meal prep this weekend - what a long waste of a weekend!

But were heading up to the mountains to hopefully sky and get out of dodge for the holiday so it will be nice to just put stuff in the oven and not deal with the "fuss"

I am getting 2 rack of lamb roasts for Thursday for Friendsgiving. Never done, what can go wrong...

I mean last year, I got a 115$ roast and that worked out just fine - last time I listen to my foodie coworker for advice.

I didn't eat red meat for years so I still struggle with how to cook it beyond "here's a steak" or "here's a burger". And after the meat-aganza that is this week, I'll be cutting back on the red meat again and trying to switch to local sources

What do you put in your dressing?

I use cornbread, two slices of bread, celery, onion, fresh herbs, and andouille sausage....

@JayKay PE google is only giving me roast recipes.

Plus: https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/cuts/cut/2441/eye-of-round-roast

I know this says a different cut of meat but you *might* be able to sub: https://smittenkitchen.com/2015/02/oven-braised-beef-with-tomatoes-and-garlic/
I've made it 3-4 times with varying success 
Yeah, I think I'm going to look into this a little bit more.  I'm thinking I can do a stew, but I'm maybe thinking roast with the garlic shoved all over it type of deal?  Very happy I threw them both in the freezer since I don't really have a plan right now and I don't want like 3lbs of beef sitting in my fridge.

Back