The Cooking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not supposed to like this stuff, but the wife made up several of these pizza crusts made with Zucchini and I think Almond flour? But I ate 3 slices for 80 calories total so that works for me! I couldn't really taste the zucchini to be honest, Id say it was not as good as Papa Johns but better than little Caesars. 

Its kind of a pain because you have to make the crust (in the oven) and then make the pizza - but let me know if you want the recipe.
Share that recipe! 

I've developed a good cast iron collection over the years (grew up cooking with it. I have an action packer in the garage full of cast iron hardware.  Mrs. Bly can't really use them, so I only keep a 10 & 12 in the cupboard. All others are in the garage and used as needed.

Earlier this summer, I found a 10" lodge that someone chucked into the trash at my office. Needs a good re-seasoning to be useful, so it's sitting in the shed until I get to it.

I need to re-season my 10.5-inch cast iron.  I gave my mom my bigger 12-inch, because I never really used it.  I might rescue it when I visit this Christmas since I think I'm going to be cooking more in the future (and my dad has told me that mom put it in the dishwasher, so I want to give it a safe home).  Not going to lie, I like my little 8-incher for breakfast for one meals, but I lost it somewhere when moving.  Might have donated it to a friend as a mini-gift.

I think my cast iron is 10in. Im less afraid of it and havent messed up the seasoning yet. So maybe next year, ill ask for a larger one

Boyfriend has a small cast iron, I think 6in? And I think his ex left it behind. I think I need to grind it down and start over. Its a little flakey

I think I need to grind it down and start over. Its a little flakey
Are you talking about the boyfriend or the pan? :rotflmao:

Did you make it last night? Glad you like it!!
Yes! And a friend made homemade sourdough so I soaked it up with that. I'm hungry again...

Boyfriend has a small cast iron, I think 6in? And I think his ex left it behind. I think I need to grind it down and start over. Its a little flakey
Best way to re-season is to burn off the old seasoning in a hot fire (such as a camp fire), then use several coats of flax seed oil.  I use my grill outside to not stink up the oven / house.

I have NEVER taken a grinder to any of my pans.

Best way to re-season is to burn off the old seasoning in a hot fire (such as a camp fire), then use several coats of flax seed oil.  I use my grill outside to not stink up the oven / house.

I have NEVER taken a grinder to any of my pans.
He will gladly build me a fire in the backyard 😂

Back