Received Wall Certificate...now what?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJHHEngineer P.E.

Got a bridge to sell ya.
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered a million times here but I can't seem to get a succinct search to find the thread(s). So, after about 4.5 months after receiving my official license and number from the Great State Of NJ, I've just received my wall certificate. I'm planning on getting it frames, but I'm just curious what some of you have done as far as displaying of the certificate.

I'm considering a frame for the large certificate and maybe one that includes a smaller cutout that I can "sign & seal" to include that in the display. Not sold on anything yet...Lets see your displays!

I bought a pretty cheap ($15-$20) frame to put it in. At my old job, we had a wall where everyone’s P.E. and S.E. licenses hung, and we were asked to have a black frame that could have some trim on it (I went with some gold trim). At my current job, I don’t think anyone has their licenses hung anywhere. Mine is now... either in a box in my garage or in a drawer in my office. I don’t actually remember where it is exactly. Oops!

I bought a cheap frame off ebay a lot time ago for my intern engineer certificate from New York state, so I put the new PE license in that frame and I just keep it in my cubicle leaning against the wall. I should figure out how to hang it to the cubicle wall one of these days.

I haven't really done anything with the wall certificate yet. It's just sitting in the cardboard envelope it came it. I guess New York just has to be different and give you two different size pieces of paper, but the wall certificate is just a formality and not really the license.

Last edited:
For my FE and Bachelor's degree certificates, I bought 2 of these.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012HE4P2...abc_CT8BCR4C1ACR192YZB2N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Not sure about other states, but in Washington State the size of the wall certificate is an odd shape. I think its 11x13. I went to Michael's and picked this frame up.
https://www.michaels.com/mahogany-b...ent-float-frame-by-studio-decor/10178666.htmlI wanted to get a custom (simple) frame, but it was going to cost me about $200 something. My thought, I've already put $1,000's of dollars I'm not spending more money. I want it protected and displayed nicely.

I ordered a frame from Michael's for about $35, but Tennessee's certificate is around 12" x 15". I had it on my office wall until I moved to an open office with no assigned seats. It is now hanging up in my home office.

Last edited:
How long did it take to get your certificate? I passed in August last year and still don't have anything from MD

How long did it take to get your certificate? I passed in August last year and still don't have anything from MD
I sat in October, found out I passed in mid December, Official License issued like mid January. Wall Certificate came in the mail last week, so about 4-4.5 months after license issued.

I sat in October, found out I passed in mid December, Official License issued like mid January. Wall Certificate came in the mail last week, so about 4-4.5 months after license issued.
Yep, same for me. Sat April 2011, received wall certificate September 2011. I also applied for reciprocity and when I had both my wall certificates, I took them to Michael's for framing. In general here's what I have.

1621949463143.png

Back