The Cooking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate getting recipes online anymore.  Just give me the f-in recipe already.  I don't need to read a 4 page dissertation about how busy your family is and how much they love this easy dinner.  Also, if I'm reading a recipe on how to make beef barbacoa, pretty good chance it's because I know what it is and just want to see how to make it.  I don't need a Mexican history lesson.

I hate getting recipes online anymore.  Just give me the f-in recipe already.  I don't need to read a 4 page dissertation about how busy your family is and how much they love this easy dinner.  Also, if I'm reading a recipe on how to make beef barbacoa, pretty good chance it's because I know what it is and just want to see how to make it.  I don't need a Mexican history lesson.
lol again, my husband made it so I didn't even know it read that way until he sent me the link. while he was cooking, he asked me to read what it says about taking it out of the crockpot. I opened it and I was like "omg, why so many paragraphs? where's the list of ingredients?" I HATE recipes like that. Husband had way more patience than me with that one.

This is why I've started writing down the ones that are actually worth a shit.

But they need all that crap to slip in all the affiliate links that generate them money.  No one blogs (including sharing recipes) to actually share information any more, it's solely to generate revenue.

Im going to invite a small wooden box that you can put index cards in it with recipes on them for quick use in the kitchen.  Might even add in some way to alphabetize it?  What do yall think?

That sounds vaguely familiar...like something old made new.  And you're saying I don't need to use my phone to use these recipes, lovingly written out in script, potentially pencil, that are stored in this small wooden box?
Have to print everything for future generations...if you use cursive, they won't be able to read it.

I write in a combo of script and print. Unless its for drafting, then its print. But notes to the drafter are in script 🤷🏻‍♀️

Made baked fajitas last night, because I needed something super easy.  I always forget to make double the veggies, so now I have too much chicken and not enough veggies!  ...I also may have forgot to cover/put the remainder in the fridge last night, and I'm eating it for lunch, so here's to hoping I don't die!

Mrs. Supe had a HUGE pork shoulder that was going to go to waste, so I turned it into a brunswick stew.

Pulled pork, chicken stock (I didn't have any, so I used water/Vegeta mix for seasoning), onions, sweet corn, butter beans (didn't have lima) diced potatoes, BBQ sauce, garlic powder (because I have no fresh), salt, pepper, chili powder, splash of hot sauce.  Not half bad once it cooked down, Mrs. Supe loved it. 

But it also gave me the worst farts I've had in ages.

Back