The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
733e82388d4076507fd13ae32d6fbde8.jpg

Like this?

Have you ever personally called and checked on insurance for a 16 year old?
My neighbor and I were just looking at some options for this (his kid). Almost seems cheaper to go with a separate entity for certain situations. Similar to how I have my motorcycle insurance completely separate from our AMFAM umbrella coverage.

Not saying it is the best option for you, but something to possibly explore.

Last edited by a moderator:
we made the calls and total package it always comes out that state farm is the cheapest for us (even cheaper than USAA) I have been with them since 1989 though...

and regarding the bronco I was thinking something like: (meant to say 68)

361990_13911399_1968_Ford_Bronco.jpg

I could not find a picture of a rusted out one for cheap.... :D I wouldn't let him drive anything that nice!

We bought a Chevy Cruize for Mrs Dex's parents for relatively cheap. Only a year old for $12k.

I cannot reiterate enough how it should be a two seater if at all possible. Having friends in the car has to be the most distracting thing ever for a young driver. In CT, they even enacted a law some years back that you have to be X years old and have X years of driving experience to have any minors in the car other than siblings.

I cannot reiterate enough how it should be a two seater if at all possible. Having friends in the car has to be the most distracting thing ever for a young driver. In CT, they even enacted a law some years back that you have to be X years old and have X years of driving experience to have any minors in the car other than siblings.
Colorado has similar laws.

I'm a big Sprinter van fan and I always point them out when I see them. I pointed one out in town recently and then read the side, which said, "Suzy's Sausage." I'm guessing no amount of Febreeze would ever make that van right.

One time we fit 9 people in my brother's 2-door Cutlass Calais. NINE! Never underestimate the willpower of teenagers.

Cutlass-Calais-ad.jpg

The stereo system I installed in my first car was actually worth more than the car itself. But it got me where I needed to go.

1987_toyota_corolla_dx-pic-2870.jpeg

I have a scar on the back of my hand, courtesy of a much rougher looking version of this honeywagon:

dodge_omni_1_88.jpg

Y'all are lucky. My first "car" was not much unlike this fine example, except it was a two-tone blue and silver jobber without running boards. Ladies and gents, may I present to you... a 1984 Chevrolet Astro!

1985ChevroletAstro15-crop.jpg

Yes, I know this is a 1985, but they look identical.

Back