The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
29424560001_large.jpg

First car. It had a topper and was owned by a priest. It was 2WD and had a 4-cylinder. It was just a step up from my bike. My mom made sandbags for it out of my dad's old workpants. She filled garbage bags with sand, slid them in the cutoff legs and sewed them shut. It was like I had raised hell at an Office Max.

a0619d75-a977-4368-8950-99b5385b54701726225940.jpg

^ this was the first car that was "mine." It included a leaking head casket gasket and peeling roof paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
ha

A leaking casket would be much worse than a leaking gasket. But you know what I mean.

(damn smart ass)

My first car was this:

6912170006_large.jpg

It was a 4 speed manual with a speedometer that might start working once you got to 35 mph. Not that you would get over 60 in it anyway. A couple of years later I inherited my brother's Bronco II with a 5 speed and 4wd. I loved that car!

75681085-640.jpg

First car was a hand-me-down from my dad. Mine was a darker blue but otherwise nearly identical to this:

toyota_truck_72_842_01.jpg

I was lobbying for a 1969 Chevelle but that got vetoed. To quote my father when he gave me the keys: "It's reliable as hell and doesn't have enough power to get you killed." He was almost wrong about the power.

Second car was this:

2l9mcz4.jpg

I still miss that car.

My first:

1982%20Ford%20EXP%20LN.jpg

I am the first to admit that I am an idiot. We had a family friend who liked to build old Fords. When dad and I were looking for my first car, he had a '48 Ford he was selling. Was in grey primer but everything else was about done. Being a stupid kid, I didn't understand what a '48 Ford with a built 302 meant so I decided I wanted the pretty red "sports car". Probably for the better anyway...I would have killed myself in that old hot rod.

My first car (owned by my parents)

i213613.jpg

My first car (owned by me)

burgandykcar4.jpg

I had that three months, it caught fire and was totaled so I went back to driving my parents car and kept the insurance money and used it as a down payment on a used Mountaineer when I graduated college.

First truck was an '84 S10 with an ironduke engine and a four speed. Sold it and switched to a '89 Ranger with a 5 speed. Never owned a car, always a truck of some sort.

since we are talking about our firsts,

C003EF57-71B2-4330-843D-14E07FFFE9B9_1.jpg

What a POS it was too. blew the engine, 2x, trans, floor was rotted out

I had that three months, it caught fire and was totaled so I went back to driving my parents car and kept the insurance money and used it as a down payment on a used Mountaineer when I graduated college.
Is that a Saturn wagon? LOL

And how exactly does someone's car "catch fire"? D@mn diplomat.....CHRYSLER FTW!!!

Is that a Saturn wagon? LOL

And how exactly does someone's car "catch fire"? D@mn diplomat.....CHRYSLER Sucks!!!!

it's a Geo Storm and a Reliant K, and if I had a clue how it caught fire I would tell you. I drove it down to a coffee house, parked it and then a friend came in 10 min later and said, gee your car had an awful lot of smoke coming from it, when I went out there were like 5 foot flames from the hood.

Back