Texas Mansion dangling over cliff

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/texas/article/Mansion-dangles-over-cliff-on-Texas-Lake-Whitney-5544446.php

622x350.jpg

622x350.jpg

That's about an hour south of where I'm at. I think parts of the house finally started falling down below yesterday. $800k or so for that house from what I heard on the radio. Sucks for that guy...

To add insult to injury:

authorities have said the home owners will be responsible for cleaning up the debris

Last edited by a moderator:
I love when people build at the top of a hill assuming the topography will always stay the same. It's his own dumbass fault for building/buying there.

On the bright side after this is done, he'll have a great ocean view from his front porch too...

Wonder who's going to pay for all that.... probably all of us through our insurance rates. Just like all the people who build houses on barrier islands.

you would think most people would know that all rocks have moved at some point in our planets history (most mulitiple times)

ahh residential developers.....

what a shame, looks like a nice house. i intentionally aimed for a middle-class career so i wouldn't be bothered by such things. "oh my mansion is falling off a cliff" "gah my Range Rover needs a $90 oil change" pffffft.

I wish my oil changes only cost $90...

8qts of Amsoil will probably get you up there. i put dino oil in my hemi. by "i put" i mean i patiently wait on the leather couch at my dealership, eating their free cookies and drinking their free coffee.

yeah the dealership i go to is awesome. $33 for oil change and tire rotation, and free snacks.

Notice no one else built a house near this one...some are off in the distance. Just had to have the best view, didn't ya!

they probably did, but they the developer went to say something to either the City or County Manager (Or Politician) and got it approved...

they probably did, but they the developer went to say something to either the City or County Manager (Or Politician) and got it approved...
and this is the part of this profession that I'm disliking the most. The crooked political aspect where the engineer gets paid to look the other way. There's probably a lesson about ethics in there somewhere... :dunno:

not really paid to look the other way but told to look the other way, then the staff person over development review makes a note to the file that says "on such and such date I was directed by so and so to accept this ______________"

Well if they are smart they are documenting those decisions..because when something like this happens the county managers and politicians usually have bad memories..

probably for residential construction an engineer wasnt involved in where this acutal house was placed, you know some states even let surveyors submit plats and do drainage. without an engineer involved....

Back