TENNESSEE - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hence, the reason i'm asking a question every hour...

offset/move/check board/mirror/copy/check board<-- Rinse and Repeat

Last edited by a moderator:
hence, the reason i'm asking a question every hour...
offset/move/check board/mirror/copy/check board<-- Rinse and Repeat

Well - just got a response from Cindy. At least she was nice but it sucks that TN has still not received the results yet!! See her message below.

"No, unfortunately the scores have not arrived yet. It should be any day though. We'll get them out as soon as possible after they're received. I know you're all anxious, I would be too. Just keep in mind that if we're receiving an abundance of phone calls and e-mails it really slows us down in getting the scores out once they are received. Thanks for being so understanding and passing this information on to others."

Cindy Toombs

Board of Architectural and Engineering Examiners

Administrative Assistant Reg. Boards 1

615-741-3221 or 1-800-256-5758

[email protected]

THAT'S PRETTY DISGUSTING, BUT at least i don't feel like i'm gonna throw up this time. Thanks for the update. i'm hoping they arrive on the 3rd and will be pleasantly surprised if it happens before that...

it does make you wonder why TN is the only ELSES state (as represented on this forum) that doesn't have results... (correct me if i'm wrong about that)

THAT'S PRETTY DISGUSTING, BUT at least i don't feel like i'm gonna throw up this time. Thanks for the update. i'm hoping they arrive on the 3rd and will be pleasantly surprised if it happens before that...
it does make you wonder why TN is the only ELSES state (as represented on this forum) that doesn't have results... (correct me if i'm wrong about that)
Kentucky is an ELSES state and they just received their results yesterday, so maybe today for Tennessee.

i did look and it gives me comfort that TN is not the only ELSES state that doesn't have results. a bunch of midwest states don't either and therefore, i've decided i feel fine about it and can be less obsessive and more patient... at least until the end of next week.

I know that you all will be super upset that i've decided to refrain from my obsessive posting :D

Kentucky is an ELSES state and they just received their results yesterday, so maybe today for Tennessee.
well I'm gonna use this time of waiting on preparing some celebration. My son told me that I had to wait till I knew I would pass, but what the heck - I have suffered too much and too long.

if i lived in memphis i'd go to the Rendezvous (spelling?) to treat my self a slab of dry rib and a pitcher of beer.

i live in nashville, i will go to flying saucers to celebrate, say someday next week after work. anybody wanna join me?

today i will drop by to pick up a bottle of good champagne.

Hey guys -- just wanted to share some of my experience... maybe it will alleviate some of the agony of waiting. For reference, I passed the Structures I PE last October.

Unfortunately, checking the license # online won't do any good (although I still checked it daily)... mine was "unapproved applicant" until I got my letter and paid the $140 license fee. It took them about a week to process the fee and then the status was changed to "Fully Licensed"

Emailing and calling Wanda and Cindy never really leads anywhere, so I didn't do it. They are nice ladies and I didn't want to bother them. And from reading this board, their responses were never definitive anyway (e.g. "No, we do not have the results, we will mail them asap after we receive them"... which basically says nothing comforting. They won't email you when the results will be mailed).

I got the results on Jan 8, which was 76 days after the exam... TN was one of the last states, based on this forum. It was an awful wait. But I don't think there's a correlation between the spring and fall reporting times.

I live in Nashville, but from what I read on here, I think Nashville got the results 1 day before Knoxville (and possibly memphis, although I'm not sure). I have no idea if they mail the passing letters and failing letters at the same time or not.

Finally, unless they changed something, you should know you passed by the size of the envelope without opening it. The passing letter is just one page... it reads something like "Congratulations! You passed the PE. Our records indicate that you owe us $140 to license you... please pay"... sorta joking, but it really does say something similar. I heard the other letter is thicker, since it has re-registration info and your diagnostic.

Oh, and the $140 is IN ADDITION to the application fees, for whoever asked that earlier. Also, you'll owe a smooth $400 "Professional Privilege Tax" in June, but hopefully your company will pick that up.

Happy waiting.... best of luck to you.

Thanx, Nash!

I know its just the wait getting me down. I thought I'd feel better when at least some people started receiving scores because at least I'd know they were on there way, but I actually feel more frustrated. And I KNEW there was a big time difference because my buddy went thru this last time. I guess knowing and experiencing are two different things...

This is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Knoxville and it was like this for the Oct. test.

I thought for sure it would be here by now.

do you think it might be possible for us to all forget about this for a week?

Im going to try. If i am successful one day ill just open my mailbox and there it will be.

Wouldnt that be nice?

I have taken the PE a few times before and the passing and failing letters are sent at the same time & there is not enough thickness difference to tell if you passed or failed. The fail letter was only two pages with diagnostics behind the fail notice and the pass letter is one sheet. You can see the diagnostics peeking through sometimes before you open the envelope but only if they are not folded good.

Luckily I passed last Octobers test & don't have to worry about it anymore but I know the wait is horrid.

I figure once i have the envelop i can just open it and see the results- not really concerned with gauging them from the size of envelop. More concerned with actually receiving said envelop.

[SIZE=14pt]Per Wanda's e-mail as of 3:27 p. m. today, TN has not yet reseived the results.[/SIZE]

I can not understand why the results were mailed out at different time?

Same exam on same day; I don't believe the states received the results earlier ask higher application fee. If it is true, I would not mind to pay the difference.

[SIZE=14pt]Could it be possible that the messenger carring our results got robbed by The Kid or got skulled by the indians on his way? or his horse got stolen by aliens?[/SIZE]

Back