TENNESSEE RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No instructions. Mine came in an envelope labeled "Do not bend, certificate inside." I guess I paid for the license when I registered (120$??). Also, the number on my Engineering Intern certificate is different than on the TN License website.

Last edited by a moderator:
No instructions. Mine came in an envelope labeled "Do not bend, certificate inside." I guess I paid for the license when I registered (120$??). Also, the number on my Engineering Intern certificate is different than on the TN License website.
There is only a flat fee for the Fundamentals of Engineering test. You pay your money, pass and then your a certified EI. The PE exam requires a biennial registration fee of $140 before you will show up as active on the website which you generally pay after you get a passing letter. I have heard of a case where the board had a test takers $140 before the results were mailed and the website showed them as active before Christmas.

I am still curious about the PE letter & its instructions like buddy was asking.

There is only a flat fee for the Fundamentals of Engineering test. You pay your money, pass and then your a certified EI. The PE exam requires a biennial registration fee of $140 before you will show up as active on the website which you generally pay after you get a passing letter. I have heard of a case where the board had a test takers $140 before the results were mailed and the website showed them as active before Christmas.
I am still curious about the PE letter & its instructions like buddy was asking.
Me too. I'm in Knoxville and I'm working from home today so that I can check the mail as soon as it arrives. So pathetic.

I checked the license search function on the TN board website and found that over the last few years, licenses were granted from Jan-Mar (years 2001-2008). Since last years results came in December 2007, I think that a fee has to be sent back to the board before new PEs show up on the website.

It could be the registration fee, or the professional privilege tax ($400/yr). I'm biting my nails off waiting for the mail this afternoon!!! Here's to positive thinking! :rolleyes:

I am with you buddy ... if I don't get a letter today at work then I am going to drive home to check there. It's usually about 1 here when the mail runs.

I am with you buddy ... if I don't get a letter today at work then I am going to drive home to check there. It's usually about 1 here when the mail runs.
For those of you that have received your letters, have you all been getting your letters at home or at work?

I checked the license search website under A and F to see if any licenses were issued in Jan 2009. No results. So since I can't get the info off the web, I'll just have to shakily open the mailbox at home tonight...

I checked the license search website under A and F to see if any licenses were issued in Jan 2009. No results. So since I can't get the info off the web, I'll just have to shakily open the mailbox at home tonight...
None of the new PE's will show up active until their $140 fee is paid. Buddy previously asked if anyone had tried the TN license renewal page to see if we could beat the mail at finding out if we passed. That was the only hope that the website would tell us anything.

Nothing in Knoxville today...pretty sure I used my work address for everything but I guess it could be at home. Anyway goodluck everybody, I know I sure need it.

Nothing in Memphis today. I thought it would be there today 1 day after Nashville got theirs. This is just killing me. I guess I'll just wait another day.

I called the board today to make sure if they were sending it to my home or work address. I found out they were sending it home but at the end of the conversation she preceded to tell me about the deadline for reapplying. I asked if she knew something I didn't and she said she didn't know anything. I am thinking that she wouldn't have said anything if I had passed but maybe she didn't know the results and just looked up my address?

I called the board today to make sure if they were sending it to my home or work address. I found out they were sending it home but at the end of the conversation she preceded to tell me about the deadline for reapplying. I asked if she knew something I didn't and she said she didn't know anything. I am thinking that she wouldn't have said anything if I had passed but maybe she didn't know the results and just looked up my address?
I don't think you can read anything into that statement.

You are just going to have to wait for the results.

I live in Oregon, and our reapplication deadline was December 1, 2008 for the April Exam. I still haven't seen my results, but I had to blindely send an application for re-examination and a check just in case I have to retake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my letter today and I PASSED!!!

But I have to say it was a little bit of a give a way when I also had mail from TSPE also, why whould I get a something from the Society of Professional Engineers if I was not a PE

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your license after you have paid your $140?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back