Super Special 5K

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of a skid steer I now need a mini excavator. Ugh. Sink hole under the deck.

That makes it a little tougher by yourself. I use to help a friend cut down trees. He would climb some of them and top them. Sometimes we would borrow a bucket truck and that made things a lot easier. If you can get the rope high enough, pulling a tree is pretty exciting.

Yep. Have a tension plan figured out. Need to drop 4 surrounding trees i was hoping to keep; but its the only safe way to drop the leaning tree without hiring it out. The extra wood will be put to use in the sauna when I get it built. Plus its extra light in the greenhouse, so the other half is happy.

In any case, works on hold due to gusty winds. Better safe than dealing with insurance companies...

Edit, I have a hotstick, so can get a rope or cable at least 30' off the ground without climbing. It'll be put to good use!

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of a skid steer I now need a mini excavator. Ugh. Sink hole under the deck.
How big is sinkhole?? Do you have pics??
sinkholes-holes-ground-mining_21289_600x450.jpg

Damn that's a big hole under your deck.

You must have had a really big deck??

A whisker of shrews lived under my deck. They were digging holes too. Not quite like in tremors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back