Super Special 5K

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u181aj0.jpg

Busy week ahead. Must enjoy this Sunday evening.

Moose burger. Must harvest a moose this fall, down to my last couple of packages.

saw that dex got roped into an Ikea trip this weekend... :)

I got roped into a patio furniture trip- wife (who usually is cheap as hell) had her heart set on a $2K patio set. The new house has a really huge and nice back deck and I guess she thought the furniture needed to fit the room ..

luckily my gut instinct kicked in and "over ruled' her and got a $500 set that was on clearance (looks just as good but doesnt look "really expensive" like the other one. F'n chairs were $220 / EACH!!

later the mrs confided that was the smart decision, purchase still meets the "need and purpose" of the patio... i.e. place to sit and drink while grilling...

Ikea can suck a bag of dicks.

Mrs Dex wanted to stop by and get some candles. They have a few there she really likes otherwise we would have gone to Target. Was supposed to be a quick in and out. 3 hours later I found myself in the paint department of Home Depot picking out colors to go with the new office furniture. Spent yesterday tearing down everything in the office, painting, then assembling furniture. Crappy part: we only bought about half of the set. The rest is back ordered for a couple of weeks, so I'll have to go back to Ikea to get the rest of the $hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
no thank you. I am quite happy that Ikea is a 45 minute drive from our house, and ultimately out of the question.

sucky way to spend a Sunday man!

we did our basement bar / kitchen from ikea, people couldnt ever beleive me that our bar came delivered in around 300 boxes.....

we really came to hate them, they delivered some wrong stuff and I had to go to store to replace it. no amount of bitching I did got me any "discounts" for my pain and suffering..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back