Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't blindside and dog pile on the new guy (me) and bitch about my department in a full meeting when I've told you what you need to do to remedy your situations.

1. You look foolish by driving that bus over me in a public forum,
  2. You show you don't know the work process or are willfully ignorant,
  3. You show that you haven't listened to what I've told you on multiple occasions,
  4. I will educate you and deliver to you the policy for which you are willfully ignorant, and
  5. If you pull that shit again, I will tell you in no uncertain terms to go fuck yourself, but not in a public forum.

Oh geez.  Just had to do some bullsh*t web based training on sexual harassment.  That's all fine and dandy.  Whatever.  But here's the thing that bothered me.  In every little scenario video they showed, it was always a man harassing a woman if different ways.  Not one instance was shown, or even glossed over, about a woman harassing a man.  Yes, it does happen and this training did nothing but reinforce that men are the instigators and women have no ability to harass.  

/rant

Oh geez.  Just had to do some bullsh*t web based training on sexual harassment.  That's all fine and dandy.  Whatever.  But here's the thing that bothered me.  In every little scenario video they showed, it was always a man harassing a woman if different ways.  Not one instance was shown, or even glossed over, about a woman harassing a man.  Yes, it does happen and this training did nothing but reinforce that men are the instigators and women have no ability to harass.  

/rant
Surprised they didn't have any male/male or female/female scenarios.  Must be old materials. 

Surprised they didn't have any male/male or female/female scenarios.  Must be old materials. 

After our last one of these trainings I mentioned I'd feel very uncomfortable if my boss (a man) did something like that to me.  Got a huge laugh out of the group.

AOLKSDJFLAKSDLFAJWOEIJFASLDFJAS;DOFIJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

A sampler of how IT operates at my company:

-Got locked out of network folder for project that I manage
-Request access again
-No response
-Get on the chat tool with an agent and request access
-"The folder is working fine on our end."
-YEAH NO SHIT. I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS ACCESS
-IT webpage says they're ~committed to transparency~ and provides a link for us to see ~how they're performing~
-Link doesn't work
-STILL DON'T HAVE ACCESS

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep tried restarting it, all that good stuff...finally got access back today after my IT ticket had been "resolved" multiple times.  I just emailed local IT and was like "HELP ME PLEASE, I tried going through the process and it is not helping me at all."  Thankfully it was fixed. 

That feel when you leave a project in a good state before you leave for vacay, then you return and 1) no progress has been made, even though we have a critical deadline next week, and 2) everything was left in a bigger mess than when I left. Seriously, what the heck?

That feel when you leave a project in a good state before you leave for vacay, then you return and 1) no progress has been made, even though we have a critical deadline next week, and 2) everything was left in a bigger mess than when I left. Seriously, what the heck?
how long were you out? This was for pat leave yes? 

if you leave for 2 weeks or less, nothing gets done. 

how long were you out? This was for pat leave yes? 

if you leave for 2 weeks or less, nothing gets done. 
It was 2 weeks, for pat leave, yes.

Normally I would agree with you, except that I was assured before I left that people would do their part while I was gone; I don’t think i’m So ticked off about nothing getting done as I am that a lot of my work was basically “stepped back” while I was gone, and left that way. It would have actually been better if absolutely nothing got done, but because everything was left in an unknown state, I now have to pick up the pieces, in addition to basically doing other people’s work for them.

well, my garage was broken into this morning, 15 minutes after I left for work. which means he was watching me leave my house. I have clear video of most of his face, and neighborhood people on FB have identified him. The police have all of the video footage before he noticed there was a camera. So far I know he took about $450 worth of tools :(  

I want to go home to make sure everything is ok but I also never want to go home ever again. ever.

Sorry to hear that, TJ.  At least it sounds like you'll be able to recover most of it since he was identified.

Sorry to hear that, TJ.  At least it sounds like you'll be able to recover most of it since he was identified.
by people on my facebook neighborhood group. we'll see what gets recovered, I'm assuming nothing. 

That sucks.  So sorry to hear about it.  Hope you’re able to get past this.

I'll be OK. Going to replace the batteries in my cameras, and my neighbor is getting cameras too. 

This is scary! We added cameras this year and I hope to never have to use them to identify anyone. We've been burglarized twice in the past 15 years and it's a horribly violating experience each time. The second time we knew they had to have been watching the house and have scoped it beforehand and it takes awhile to get comfortable again. 

Back