Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Is that Dr. Mork?
No. He was a LITTLE better but not much. It was difficult getting initial application info and course registration things from him. I realize people get busy. But hey, we are all busy and learn to manage it as best we can. With working full time and being a distance learning student, my primary means of communication is through email. So it's frustrating when I don't get a response. Even a one-liner would do, "Hey busy right now but I'll get back to you later on". I'd be totally fine with that. :brickwall:

I think the squirrel is going to make the hit list...Went outside this morning, huge hole in my patio chair cushion. So much for his cute and fluffy tail. I really liked those cushions.

I would recommend using the shotgun that EM_PS used on your zombie ass. It seemed to get the job done there...

I think the squirrel is going to make the hit list...Went outside this morning, huge hole in my patio chair cushion. So much for his cute and fluffy tail. I really liked those cushions.
My brother went apeshit on squirrels at his house. Apparently he had a bunch of them that chewed into the soffit of his really old house and built a nest up in attic. When we was having his house renovated they uncovered the extent of the damage and they had chewed through studs, etc. He ordered some sort of high powered sniper type air-rifle and killed about 2 dozen of them. Any time he sees one in a tree around his house he kills it, shoot first, ask questions later.

mmm, fried squirrel... The dutch oven is a better choice; can fit more into the pot and have a good casserole.

So far this year, I've taken out 18 squirrels at my house (last year was 6 total). They've made the mistake of destroying two bird feeders, one grill cover, several of the girlfriends flower pots and trying to get into the attic area. I hear two or three in the distance, but they've yet to get close to the house.

HOLY SH*T!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I've only been rockin' in my current role at my new bad ass employer and a recruiter emailed me AND somehow got my office number and CALLED ME!!! WTF? She's looking for leads. Sorry. Not taking the bait. )#$*%_)$%!!!

^^ Tree Rats

^ Who do you think it is, your current HR? and what's their motive, to discover loyalty?

Today was a long and frustrating day of calling apts, looking at houses online and trying to decide whether I want to move or not. Shouldn't be that big of a deal but sometimes, ok a lot of times, I let little things get to me. The cherry on top was when I left work today and saw someone had put a note on my car that read "you suck at parking". Trivial as it was, that was enough to drive me to tears after such a frustrating day. I don't even know what their deal was. I was in the spot, between the lines, but pulled a bit too far forward. Not into another spot, but into the road itself. I want to find them and dump a milkshake on their car.

RAWR.
Be happy you don't live in this Russian area:

http://now.msn.com/money/0524-app-bad-parking.aspx

Today was a long and frustrating day of calling apts, looking at houses online and trying to decide whether I want to move or not. Shouldn't be that big of a deal but sometimes, ok a lot of times, I let little things get to me. The cherry on top was when I left work today and saw someone had put a note on my car that read "you suck at parking". Trivial as it was, that was enough to drive me to tears after such a frustrating day. I don't even know what their deal was. I was in the spot, between the lines, but pulled a bit too far forward. Not into another spot, but into the road itself. I want to find them and dump a milkshake on their car.

RAWR.
Nice parking job today. :appl:

HOLY SH*T!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I've only been rockin' in my current role at my new bad ass employer and a recruiter emailed me AND somehow got my office number and CALLED ME!!! WTF? She's looking for leads. Sorry. Not taking the bait. )#$*%_)$%!!!
I love when rookie headhunters call and I really like to eff with them.

"Is there anyone you could recommend?"

- Yes, but you don't want to talk to them now, they are almost done their stretch in the pen for bribery...

"How are you today?"

- There's a voice on this end of the phone, it must be a good day.

I have no idea who it is. I thought it was a recruiter I "friended" on LinkedIn when I was looking to get out of the prison camp, but she's not. In no uncertain terms, the next time she calls me, she'll know not to call again.

#*%&* just knew I shouldn't have bought a car that is in its first year of the new model. Have to take it back to the dealer AGAIN because the part they replaced on Wednesday didn't fix the problem.

Bought the 2012 Pilot Dec 23, 2011.

The blower speed control button would get stuck when pushed up and end up setting the spped to high and then had to back down to the desired setting...not a real big deal...I waited until my first maintanence visit to deal with.

About a month before the first maintance was due the digital clock and climate control readings were intermittantly having problems...the horizontal part of the numbers would almost disappear (8 looked like 11 as an example)...totally random when it would happen no biggie will be at the dealer in a few weeks.

Dealer orders the new controler buttons but since the clock display issue didn't happen while the car was there they couldn't do anything...maybe when they opened the dash to replace the controler button they can wiggle the connections to the display. Still pissed they couldn't order the dam part before I got there...they had to diagnose a problem first.

While I was waiting for the part to come in I noticed the problem was now happening whenever the car sat in the sun but would go back to normal after about 50 minutes of driving and the car cooling off. Took it in to get the part installed still wouldn'y screw up for them to see... yeah whatever wigglely they did didn't solve the problem because the next day the clock was messed up again. Call them back and they said ok we will order a new display.

Took it in wednesday again to install the new display...yesterday it was still messing up. Called them this morning and they called the Tech line to see if they have seen this problem before...nope. Have to drop the car off on tuesday so they can park it in the sun with a thermometer in it so they see at what temp it is triggering the issue then call the tech line for further directions.

If we lived anywhere NEAR the dealership this wouldn't be that big of an issue, but the dealership is a hr away and having to take the time off work is really getting annoying. Getting a loaner from them on Tuesday until they can figure out the problem.

Honda's ain't what they used to be, and the dealers aren't all that grand either. I've seen a lot of threads on the automotive message boards about Honda losing its mojo, even on a board for Honda technicians.

Had absolutely no troubles with my CRV.

The car is at the dealer waiting for the sun to break through the clouds to warm the interior to greater than mid 120 degrees. We did test runs this weekend with a thermometer...after an hr or so in a 122-124 ish temp range the problem showed up...3 days straight so hopefully it cooperate for the dealer. The hotter the temps got the worse the display got ...but it wont get that bad today.

THankfully the sun did come out and they were able to see it...unfornuately they took pictures and sent them to the Honda corporate Tech line and they said that was normal behavior for LCD displays when exposed to extreme heat...and there is nothing they can do about it and it goes away when the car cools down...in other words they used the wrong type of display and will make the change in next years model....those of us with 2012 models are SOL. The dealer people didn';t believe it...or so they say...they then went out and checked the new Pilots on the lot and golly gee all 5 of them were showing the same problem mine was. I wonder if they have been having a hard time selling pilots in the warmer weather. Having bought mine right before christmas the problem wasn't obvious and I probably would not have bought it if I saw the display like that.

Do smokers really have no idea how bad they smell after lighting up?

I just sat down to start eating lunch when one of the field guys comes into my cube (immediately after finishing a cigarette) to give me a progress update on the morning's activities. First, can't you see I have my food laid out in front of me and I'm starting to eat? And second, YOU FUCKING SMELL LIKE AN ASHTRAY!!! Get away from me and my food until you air out a bit. Hey-Zeus tapdancing Christ that's nasty.

Back