Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Holy crap, 6.38 posts per day? You would be my principal-in-charge!

It's that time of year again where I get to decide if I want to move or re-new my lease. Of course, I've been informed that rent will be going up at least $50. Contemplating whether I should look for something cheaper and move or just suck it up, pay more and stay. Currently trying to save up to be able to buy a place maybe next year.
You and I really need to chat about this sometime. I'm in the same boat. I just moved out of state (<1 week ago) and took a modest but well cared for place) in the hopes of buying in the next couple years. Right now I'm padding some dude's wallet who lives in the city whose name I can't pronounce. Got a great job prospect here, and could see myself putting down roots in the region, so the rent aspect chaps my ass.

^^ Maybe you two will hit it off at the conference and resolve both your situations simultaneously?

On a related note, have there been any EB romances? *insert gay joke here* But seriously, noob wants to know.

I remember a certain Alaskan and a Floridan stormwater manager seems to really hit it off...

I'm in the same boat. I just moved out of state (<1 week ago) and took a modest but well cared for place) in the hopes of buying in the next couple years. Right now I'm padding some dude's wallet who lives in the city whose name I can't pronounce. Got a great job prospect here, and could see myself putting down roots in the region, so the rent aspect chaps my ass.
I don't see why. . . I've owned my house for 10 years and would be much farther ahead if I'd just rented instead, and would have a hard time selling my house if I wanted to. My advice: don't rush into buying something, you might be stuck with it for a looooooong time.

^^ Maybe you two will hit it off at the conference and resolve both your situations simultaneously? On a related note, have there been any EB romances? *insert gay joke here* But seriously, noob wants to know.
I'm dating a friend of someone I met here on EB, does that count?

Speaking of dates...

So I was supposed to go out with this guy tomorrow that I have been messaging for the past month or so. I met him on eharmony. (Don't laugh. I have a couple good friends who found their future wife/husband on the site). Anyways, so we were messaging and he asks me if I'd like to go on a date so I say sure. I suggest this thing my friend from TX told me about called "painting with a twist". Basically you sign up for a class to paint a certain picture and can bring wine or whatever you'd like to drink. He said it sounded like a lot of fun and we picked out a day (tomorrow) and both said we'd sign up. So I'm already signed up for and paid for the class. Then he gives me his number and we started texting on Tuesday. Then today I log onto the site and see that he has closed me out as a match i.e. you can no longer communicate. However, I have his number. So I casually text him

and ask which one of us should bring the wine tomorrow. I of course didn't say anything about seeing that he had closed me out. No response yet. So I'm baffled wondering what happened.

Taking any and all opinions/suggestions. I'm no good at this dating bs.

Mudpuppy,

I am well aware of TX property taxes. I'm just sick of throwing my money down the drain in rent (6 years renting already).

Speaking of dates...

So I was supposed to go out with this guy tomorrow that I have been messaging for the past month or so. I met him on eharmony. (Don't laugh. I have a couple good friends who found their future wife/husband on the site). Anyways, so we were messaging and he asks me if I'd like to go on a date so I say sure. I suggest this thing my friend from TX told me about called "painting with a twist". Basically you sign up for a class to paint a certain picture and can bring wine or whatever you'd like to drink. He said it sounded like a lot of fun and we picked out a day (tomorrow) and both said we'd sign up. So I'm already signed up for and paid for the class. Then he gives me his number and we started texting on Tuesday. Then today I log onto the site and see that he has closed me out as a match i.e. you can no longer communicate. However, I have his number. So I casually text him

and ask which one of us should bring the wine tomorrow. I of course didn't say anything about seeing that he had closed me out. No response yet. So I'm baffled wondering what happened.

Mudpuppy,

I am well aware of TX property taxes. I'm just sick of throwing my money down the drain in rent (6 years renting already).
My wife did that painting with a twist thing one time. I think she drank too much because the painting was awful. $30 dollars and a bottle of wine later and I have a barely recognizable estuary landscape in my kids' playroom.

Edit: But I recall she was ready to party when she got home as she was super confident from her new found artistic skills.

:bananalama:

Last edited by a moderator:
just got a set of review comments (first set for the entire project) that was signed & submitted a YEAR ago! The comments were dated a week ago; common, it can't take a year to review the project documents.

To top it off, the project has already been built and the comments won't change anything!

Speaking of dates...

So I was supposed to go out with this guy tomorrow that I have been messaging for the past month or so. I met him on eharmony. (Don't laugh. I have a couple good friends who found their future wife/husband on the site)...
My pastor met his wife on eharmony.

You never know about the whole closing you out thing. So much of how we communicate online can be misinterpreted; other times mistakes might be made. I would give him until tomorrow morning to get back you before coming to any conclusions.

How about you show us some beach pics of yourself and 10 of your hottest female friends, and we'll set you up with VT?

Word. It's been 11 years and I have no idea what I'm doing, not that I was all suave or anything back in the day. I'm just gonna mail order a bride from Russia as soon as the dollar to euro exchange rate improves.

I seem to move in a clockwise circle around the northeast every few years, I don't think you could really classify any of them as hot.

I really f%$*ing hate it when someone tells me that a contract document is "all messed-up and missing several things" but won't tell me what exactly is messed-up or missing. You've already done the review, just give me your f%$*ing comments so I don't have to redo everything on my own.

Bitch.
On top of it all, she's the f'ing project controls manager. She knows the contract better than anyone on the project. But instead of telling me whats wrong, I'm stuck reviewing a 430+ page document looking for the proverbial needle...
Did you get the memo about the cover sheet on the TPS report?

Speaking of dates...

Mudpuppy,

Ummm....I'm thinking his wife found his eharmony account.

Speaking of dates...

Mudpuppy,

Good luck with the date; as I recall from when I tried it, you can only have a few matches open at a time? So maybe he was closing yours to see what else is out there. . .

As for throwing money away on rent. . . honestly I think it beats throwing money away on a house. . . mine has lost 50% of it's value. At least until you're sure of where you want to settle down, get married, have kids and all that. On the flip side, I hated living in an apartment so I bought a house as soon as I could, but kind of regret it now (though I was engaged at the time--my how things change).

Wow. That thread was LONG and HILARIOUS! Whatever happened to that guy?

I'll be renting at least for another year, just trying to have some money saved up for when I do decide to buy. I'm thinking of maybe looking for a house to rent in Royal Oak or Ferndale. I think one of my friends might want to be roomies. I currently live with my sister and am not sure if she wants to move or not. We're not usually home at the same time and when we are, she stays in her room. I don't even remember the last time we spoke to one another. Weird and awkward. She does pay me but can only afford (or at least that's what she gives me) < 1/4 cost of rent and utilities.

Never heard back from the dude. Did he get cold feet? I just look at it as his loss. Should I still go to the painting thing tonight? They called me yesterday to ask if I was coming with a group or alone. When I said I was coming alone, they said "OK, we'll try to put you up in front". How embarrassing! As far as I can tell, you can communicate with as many matches at a time as you'd like but I think it sends you less new matches depending on how many you have open. I'm not entirely sure.

VT,

Are we the only single people on this board? Seems mostly everyone is married. We need a thread for the singles of EB to post in. A little match making on the side. Lol.

Back