Ski Season 2014/2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for the love of all that's good, don't buy it full price.

STP F!T!W!

sierratradingpost.com

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also snowboarding. That's me on the right.

ski-bunnies-8.jpg

Where'd your boobs go? I like your socks, though.
Shrinkage?

Thanks for the suggestions. So is EB ski meet up 2015 a go?

I'd certainly give it some though, though I cannot even begin to imagine what an asshole I would look like trying to stand up on skis.

^The standing up part is easy. Once you start moving, that is when things get interesting.

I wear Obermeyer stuff. They are local up here, and have a "garage sale" every year, where you can buy last years stuff or new stuff for a fraction of the price. We have also tried to get mini-Buff 1 to be a model for them, so we could score some free kids ski gear. No dice, so far. I used to get a pro deal on skis, boots and gear, as my BIL used to snowboard professionally (boardercross), but he doesn't anymore. He still gets a pro deal on Smith goggles and sunglasses, though. I need to upgrade my helmet and goggles this year.

I should've clarified the gloves my wife bought were at SNiAGRAB and they were sticker price $210 she got for $100,

Women

3945041_f520.jpg

These are close to what my gloves look like, except mine have a vent/pocket. On warmer days, I open the vent. On really cold days, I stick a hand warmer in the pocket.

no but I think Cements goggles are solar powered ;)
I HAD a pair of goggles with a battery powered fan. They were great for tree skiing which can b e a lot of work and sometimes you can't maintain speed to ventilate.
But the wife was having a "personal summer" moment and confiscated them.

Yes, I'm now skiing with women's goggles.

I should maybe her her some battery socks if they work?
The ones I've seen tend to be thicker than you would use for skiing. They make throw away toe warmers that stick to the sock over the toes, those work really well

I can't figure out ice fishing. Unless you are on an Alaskafrontier show and you need food until badger season starts

I should maybe her her some battery socks if they work?
I love my battery socks. They warm up just enough. It's what makes ice fishing non-miserable.
I tried these but wasn't a fan. Having a D-size battery hanging off my calf wasn't fun to land on when wiping out.

Hot hands makes a full foot warmer that has adhesive. I've had good luck with those.

Back