SE Exam Oct 2019 Result

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Failed both. 😐

Bridge Vertical 22/40 - Acceptable, Acceptable, Acceptable

Bridge Lateral 23/40 - Acceptable, Acceptable, Acceptable

😭
Man that is tough. I always thought 1/4 of the morning being bridge related was a hassle, but I can only imagine it is much harder for you Bridge guys. 

Failed x 2 here.  

Didnt process the analylitics yet, just saw the red and x'd out of the screen.

Gonna regroup, analyze the diagnostics then gear up for next test cycle.

Onward and upward.  If it was easy everyone would do it.  I also have a theory on the SE -- I've always believed physics and calculus should be taken at least twice,  once in high school once and once in college to really understand it.  I put the SE in that sorta group, I dont design daily so I expect to have a longer road than others.  

Either way, congrats everyone who passed!!! Those who didn't,  (myself included) keep your head up.  

Happy Holidays everyone! 

Nebraska is out. After failing both 1 year ago, I took just vertical in April and passed and took lateral this October and passed. It feels good to be done.  For any that are taking or retaking, I highly recommend the EET/AEI course, I took it for the lateral portion I just took in October and it helped a bunch.
Nice! Very similar story from Nebraska here.  Passed Vertical first try in '18, failed Lateral in April of '19, took the EET (Now AEI) course , passed this time.  I am positive we chatted at the test site, being that there were only 5 of us.

To all who didn't pass, that sucks. Chin up. You'll get it next time.

From 20/40 A A A in April to Acceptable in October. You can do it. I recommend taking one exam at a time. Take a prep course (AEI). Do ALL of the practice problems and mini exams on schedule. Then the week of the exam, take some days off work, do them all over again. Finally, play the game to win.  You can know everything and still fail because you go in and try to do the problems sequentially.  NO! Skim 10 at a time. Do the really easy ones, mark the ones you know you can do, but know will take more time. Get those AFTER you've gone through the whole test once.  THEN get the 2-4 that you know you'll need to guess on.  Play to win and you will.

I failed the lateral. AM 31/40, PM Steel U; Concrete IR; General analysis A; Wood A.

This exam is totally unbelievable. I did the best in the steel but got U, while I did not do well in the general analysis and the wood, but got A. Also, to be honest, I do not think I can get 31/40 in the morning.

I am not sure If I shall continue. I passed the vertical in April, second try. I am very disappointed and upset.

Failed vert 25/40, A, IR, IR, U and failed lat 23/40, A, IR, U, U.  2nd time for lat and freaking 4th time for vert.  I signed up and got very busy with work and didn't have time to study so I was just going off of previous knowledge and didn't expect to pass...but it still sucks.

Failed vert 25/40, A, IR, IR, U and failed lat 23/40, A, IR, U, U.  2nd time for lat and freaking 4th time for vert.  I signed up and got very busy with work and didn't have time to study so I was just going off of previous knowledge and didn't expect to pass...but it still sucks.
Man, sorry to hear that. I wish you the best luck. And I wish you get more time for study. I will be waiting for your good news next year. Keep in touch~

I failed the lateral. AM 31/40, PM Steel U; Concrete IR; General analysis A; Wood A.

This exam is totally unbelievable. I did the best in the steel but got U, while I did not do well in the general analysis and the wood, but got A. Also, to be honest, I do not think I can get 31/40 in the morning.

I am not sure If I shall continue. I passed the vertical in April, second try. I am very disappointed and upset.
Don't give up man! That's a good score... You'll almost definitely pass next time! Sometimes the questions that we're the most comfortable with are the ones we miss, because we don't scrutinize our answers enough.. Dont quit. So close!

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s it! I’m done with this &@$/! Passed vertical first shot 2 years ago with limited effort. 3rd GD attempt at Lateral: 36/40!!! But U, U, IR, A. PM result has steadily declined with every attempt. Time for something new

That’s it! I’m done with this &@$/! Passed vertical first shot 2 years ago with limited effort. 3rd GD attempt at Lateral: 36/40!!! But U, U, IR, A. PM result has steadily declined with every attempt. Time for something new
Congrats and Well Said. That "time for something new" is in my mind for a whole year. That's really the reason of excitement if we pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I certainly feel everyone's frustration. I am going to try my hardest to fix some of the problems I see with the exam. Again, I do not want to make this thing easier, but I would like to see it be a little more fair and in line with standard practice. Good luck to all who decide to undergo this again and may God have mercy on my soul.

To anyone else from IL. My email exchange from the board.

CTS should release the scores on Thursday (at least that is their target date from what I’ve been told).

Latest posts

Back