SE application approval delay

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seappquestion

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know when can we expect to hear from the BPELSG board if our SE application was accepted for the April exam cycle? Or has anyone already heard back? I submitted my application in October and it was sent for technical review mid November. I've called the board the last 3 weeks and they said there is a backlog of applications.

Initially they said I'd hear by the end of 2022 and then on Friday they said expect to hear back by the end of January. The only date they seem to be concerned with the NCEES exam sign up deadline in February. I asked if there was an issue with my application but they assured me there was not. I'm feeling frustrated because study courses have started but I don't want to pay for it if I don't get approved.

I am also waiting for my application, but mine is a comity application since I already passed the SE exam in another state. Best of luck and I will let you know if anything happens with mine.

Thanks for responding, it's good to know I'm not alone in waiting for the application decision. Congrats on passing the exam!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you sign up and take the exam without having an application approval? I'm applying for SE licensure in CA but the closest test site to me is in Reno, NV. I wonder if I can just proceed with signing up for the exam so I can start study courses and worry about the application later...

I am from Utah so just took it in Utah and they told me that is fine and I would just apply as a comity application (even though I am not licensed as SE anywhere yet).

A coworker told me it has been more than a year since he applied to take the California specific seismic and surveying exams. There was a slight problem with his application, he fixed it, and then he had to go to the back of the line.

What is going on in California?!?!?

My application finally got approved for the SE exam this week.. about 3 months after I submitted it. I had called the board the week before for a status checj and they said they just had a huge volume of applicants. Might have something to do with the exam transitioning to CBT next year.

Back