Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how you wouldn't see the baby in that picture... Then again, there was that whole blue gold dress thing or whatever a few years ago.

I mean it is a really big looking baby, almost like one of those pictures from the A-Bomb Testing days.

I think it's important that people see this.  That is all.

83509133_3351338474917335_2327094056657763121_o.jpg

So my wife is looking into nursing school.  She's done all she can with homeschooling the boys over past few years and it's time for them to get back to the ole brick-'n-mortar.  I didn't realize how expensive getting a BSN would be.  Fortunately, she already has credit for a number of classes from undergrad, but still.  Dang.  Guess I won't be building out an AR anytime soon.  :(

COVID is about to make education costs even more expensive.  Most schools are dropping the distance-learning price breaks, and will be raising tuition costs to offset the loss of revenue from on-campus housing.

COVID is about to make education costs even more expensive.  Most schools are dropping the distance-learning price breaks, and will be raising tuition costs to offset the loss of revenue from on-campus housing.
Question: a lot of standardized testing is now being waived for this year/potentially next year, so you think this will affect tuition costs and/or change the way college funding works in the future?  It's only one year, currently, but I'm hoping this leads to less standardized testing and potentially a reform of the 'No Child Left Behind'?

Guess I won't be building out an AR anytime soon
I have no idea what an AR is...maybe a gun...but my first thought went to Arkansas and I was like 'why would you want to build that?'

Question: a lot of standardized testing is now being waived for this year/potentially next year, so you think this will affect tuition costs and/or change the way college funding works in the future?  It's only one year, currently, but I'm hoping this leads to less standardized testing and potentially a reform of the 'No Child Left Behind'?
Wishful thinking, but I don't.  I think they will sooner move to electronic-based testing in lieu of paper that can be used at home as a stop-gap, and then transitioned to test centers with proctor oversight.  I don't know if I see that happening with SAT/ACT since it's so easy to cheat it for at-home testing, but since the students don't have any personal advantage to doing well on at-home testing for state mandated K-12 testing, I can easily see them using it.  If they don't go to at home, I think they will switch to in-school/test center standardized testing on an A/B type schedule that allows for social distancing.  In fact, Virginia is at least one state that is considering an A/B school week for 2021 school year in lieu of distance learning.  

And an AR is a very popular (probably THE most popular) rifle platform.

Local FB page - old guy gets his Trump yard signs stolen.  Nice lady feels bad regardless of political affiliation, makes a post asking where to buy him replacements.  First comment back is "I have some better Biden signs he can replace them with, her dee der".  I asked if the Biden signs were of the scratch and sniff variety.  Apparently he found that offensive. 

I finally received my TN license certificate in the mail yesterday. I received my number on Feb 26. Thanks Oba.... COVID. Sorry, old habits.

It seems live everyone, especially non essential  (NOT DOT ;)  ) government type folks are using covid as an excuse for everything these days...

Not sure where exactly to put this, but this coffee shop in a mall concourse I am working on looks kinda phallic. What was the architect thinking?

image.png

Back