Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m good - those are a good ways away from us - sucks for those living in the mountains.

That fire is near Grand junction (60 miles from Utah) very dry area- we drove through there a few weeks ago right when it started on our way to Telluride -

Here is a pic from the fire in the article from 2 weeks ago
e3259b114ece1785ede0889198b36347.jpg

I have a feeling we’re going to roll right from fire season into snow season like a few years ago...

So tropical storm Laura is heading for the family in FL. My wife's name is Laura lol and surprisingly, Michael is her brothers name (hurricane that hit in '18). The next storm name is Marco, which is fairly close to my dad's name, so he'll be hearing about that from everyone. 

I want a hurricane to be named after me! 😭

I do like being able to see stats. Oct 2019 spam thread:

Screenshot_20200821-125332.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wait on these upgrades for years and then when its "mandatory" to keep working there is too much stuff that happens all at once..

I plan to dig through it some over the weekend to see what I need to move around..

I always wait on these upgrades for years and then when its "mandatory" to keep working there is too much stuff that happens all at once..

I plan to dig through it some over the weekend to see what I need to move around..
I'm getting used to it. Just need some more time I guess.

Well I thought it was cool seeing the top posts in a topic, but then I saw the ones in here.

That's absolutely horrible. I hate how that happened to him.

Thankfully the storms in the gulf have shifted away from my family, but there are still people stocking up on supplies. My sister said it was a 3hr wait in line at the grocery store.

@jean15paul_PE Are you in any of the projected paths?

Thankfully the storms in the gulf have shifted away from my family, but there are still people stocking up on supplies. My sister said it was a 3hr wait in line at the grocery store.

@jean15paul_PE Are you in any of the projected paths?
First storm (Marco) is expected to arrive today. Everyone seems to be doing a good job prepping. Many places announced closures for Monday and in some cases Tuesday... including schools.

Over the past 12 hours or so the forecast track has been shifting further west so New Orleans will probably not get a direct hit, and the storm has weakened from cat 1 to a tropical storm.

Hurricane 2 (Laura) is still TBD.

Latest posts

Back