Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a few years of having family in town for thanksgiving we are headed to Winter Park to vedge out, eat, watch old movies and hopefully get a day or two of skiing in! - No external family included!

I highly recommend it!

Or Thanksgiving with my family this year is going to be... Not what I would prefer. My dad and stepmom are wintering in Arizona so don't really want to do the prep, cooking or cleanup, and do booked us a table at the fancy golf club they are members to, where there will no doubt be a ridiculous buffet. There's a dress code, which is whatever, but also, I'm not as big a buffet person as they are...

I mean, I could just do Vegas Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family, but I don't want to take the time off of work...so I might do sad, all by herself, Thanksgiving-for-one?  Since I'm saving up vacation time to go out after Christmas.  I'll see if I can grab a turkey breast and I'll attempt mini-Thanksgiving.

I am drowning in training.  Training that I feel isn't really giving me any information on how to do my job.  Ugggggggggggh.
LOL, welcome to my world.  Our division of 3000+ people lacks any specificity in its training, so I get "required reading" for a bevy of functions I will never, ever, ever perform.

Thanksgiving is usually somewhat chaotic for us, since both our families live close to each other, but further from us. The pressure is on to spend at least part of the holiday stretch with each of them. And this’ll be the first one traveling with three little ones.

Still looking forward to it, tho.

I get to enjoy both Thanksgiving and Christmas solo. The wife will be on rotation at the mine. Deciding if I want to travel elsewhere or enjoy it quietly at home.

We have what seems to be a pretty fun Thanksgiving planned. No family, but instead we have good friends who are going to stay with us for the whole 4-day weekend. Entertainment for the adults, and the kids. And no cooking - going to go to a Thanksgiving buffet at a resort hotel. 

I'm not really a huge fan of any of the holidays. Halloween is the one that bugs me the least, I do enjoy being able to dress up funky and no one bats an eye. Plus the half off candy. The rest of the holidays are very meh to me. 

I got to go to ikea last night. Bought the Finnvard trestle legs in birch. I have to paint them now. I wish I had looked at how the tops are mounted to the damn legs since Boyfriend is going to get a slab of wood from a local place rather than pay the 100$ to Ikea. 

I need to figure out what color I want to paint the legs. And also what kind of wood I want on the top... 

I got to go to ikea last night. Bought the Finnvard trestle legs in birch. I have to paint them now. I wish I had looked at how the tops are mounted to the damn legs since Boyfriend is going to get a slab of wood from a local place rather than pay the 100$ to Ikea. 

I need to figure out what color I want to paint the legs. And also what kind of wood I want on the top... 
Heehee.  You said wood!  And what kind you want on top!  *snicker snicker*

Is this a table or a shelf or a bed?  I'm always cautious with Ikea stuff.  I actually bought a couch/bed from them that lasted years, but I paid more upfront.

Back