Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I'm an SF Giants fan! And am definitely rooting for the Astros over the Yankees. But really, the Nationals over anyone now, as my husband is from DC and his family is comprised of strong Nats supporters.

Last game that I "attended" was the St Louis Cardinals opener earlier this year. Watched part of the game from the top of the gateway arch. Watched the final few plays from a BBQ joint downtown.

As a native Tigers fan and married into a Cubs family, I don't have a dog in this fight.  But of course hoping the Yankees bite it, just for being the Yankees.  And glad to see the Cards get swept.

Think I'll root for the Astros to win it all, because Verlander.

Haha, I'm an SF Giants fan! And am definitely rooting for the Astros over the Yankees. But really, the Nationals over anyone now, as my husband is from DC and his family is comprised of strong Nats supporters.
I'm pulling for the Astros now. I really don't want to see the Yankees win another WS, or the Nationals to ever win anything. But the gNats look like the team of destiny right now.

Last game that I "attended" was the St Louis Cardinals opener earlier this year. Watched part of the game from the top of the gateway arch. Watched the final few plays from a BBQ joint downtown.
Haven't attended a game in a couple years because I've been priced out unless I want to sit in the nose-bleeds.  Prefer to sit at home with my non-marked up beer and food.

Haven't attended a game since Dale Murphy was the HR powerhouse for the Braves.

I take that back.  I went to two Astros games on the company dime about 10 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
We didn't get to any games this year.  But the last couple years we made it over to Wrigley, which was a lot of fun.  Got to see the Cubs in Detroit last summer too, which was really cheap because the TIgers suck.

I think it would be fun to see the Astros win, too. They are just such a fun team to watch.

All it took for the Nats to make it past the first round of the playoffs and to the WS? Bryce Harper leaving!

I'm super surprised the Nats swept the Cards. I'm also surprised they beat the Dodgers. I thought this was going to be, my to my chagrin, a Dodger/Yankees or Dodgers/Astros WS at the start of the playoffs. But the Nats have momentum and their starting pitching has been great, which helps when their bullpen isn't that great!

While driving to church yesterday morning, my 12 y/o daughter was going through the pre-sets on the car radio. She stopped on Boston's Rock 92.9 and starting gently bobbing her head to AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill. This was a proud dad moment.  

The Red Sox, despite having the highest payroll in MLB and being the defending WS champs, didn’t even make the playoffs this year.  Talk about a nosedive.

Matt:  glad to see you teaching your kids what Gogo music is.  100.7 WZLX for classic rock.

100.7 WZLX is a pre-set too, but comes in like crap down in my area. 

I'm super surprised the Nats swept the Cards. I'm also surprised they beat the Dodgers.
If any team in the NL could take out the Dodgers, it would have been the gnats. They had the right combination of pitcher/batter matchups to make it possible.

Today I am getting off the productivity struggle bus...
Cool, let me take your old seat.

WS day one!!
58e01454dea11c06a812bc23100c958d.jpg

:blink2: ???

Back