Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the library idea, other than having to sneak my coffee in (to the community library) this is way better than a starbucks..

burbs, but I am less than 15 miles from Boulder ;(  lots of encouraged homelessnessing / fake homeless / vagabonds //

I just experienced a REALLY sad moment. 

I got roped into a conversation with a nice old lady while on a site walk through with some Contractors. We got to talking about triathlons. I tried to tell her the difference between a sprint, oly, half ironman and full ironman and couldn't remember all of the various distances. :(

I used to live and breathe swimbikerun but PE topics have ruined me. All of those fun activities feel so far away. I cried tears of joy while watching Aladdin the other day. This exam can't come fast enough... but not really.

Just the other day, I gave a clerk at a store register the wrong phone number. I was thinking through a problem that I solved earlier that day. Outrageous. omgiwantmylifeback

Decided to spice things up today and wore a white polo with stripes to work instead of my usual black or navy.  Naturally, I catch a glimpse of my shirt in the mirror and realize that the entire back left shoulder has been stained pink somehow.

Back to black it is.

We have a nor'easter here in northern New England. According to the CMP outage map, most of their customers will have power restored by 1 Jan 2068. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a nor'easter here in northern New England. According to the CMP outage map, most of their customers will have power restored by 1 Jan 2068. 
My parents are stuck in that, on the north shore of LI/on the fork.  Were told they'd get power back by 9pm tonight.  Surprisingly, they had power restored at around noon.

I am worried they are caught in a time loop or have time traveled to noon tomorrow.

Just outside Boston we had power getting ready for work this AM but apparently it’s been out since 9AM and isn’t back yet.

2068 came early and CMP restored power to us by 4pm but there's still thousands and thousands out. So it'll be a couple of days.

Back