Programmable HP 33s yes or no

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point I was making was to concentrate on knowing how to use it not program the calculator. If you are prepared you won't need the speed of anything other than a scientific calculator, which is all you can really use on the exam anyway or all you need. I never programmed my calculator in college so I wasn't about to learn how to now. His time would be better spent studying the material.
Sorry if you didn't like my advice...

If you read my entire post you would understood my point.
I read your entire post (more than once to make sure I didn't miss anything!) and I have to agree... not very helpful in answering the question. But thanks for playing!

I read your entire post (more than once to make sure I didn't miss anything!) and I have to agree... not very helpful in answering the question. But thanks for playing!
Wow, I try to help the person, but IN YOUR OPINION, I didn't help. Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays. If it didn't help you then don't respond... what is your problem? It wasn't even directed at you... get a grip

To the OP, I was stressing that you concentrate on studying and not programming a calculator. If you have prepared enough, a typical scientific calculator will do. If you haven't studied enough, programming your calculator won't help.

YES ! I'm taking the exam for first time this October. I've been always a big fan of RPN calculators, sadly the hp 48gx is not allowed, so I'm using the 33s.

I'm studying at the moment the Engineering Economics part (Cost Benefits) and found out in this blog: http://peexamhp35s.blogspot.com/ how to input the general equation for P/A, F/A, etc. very useful and a time saver (no need to interpolate i from the cerm tables).

Back