potty training

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think fudgey's avatar is some kinda evil eggplant. That's too bad - I love eggplant parmesian, even though it is so bad for me.

Frazil, that must have broke your heart when your son said that. With kids, you always have to remember it doesn't matter when they achieve their milestone, it just matters how they got there. :mail-296:

That's advice I often have to repeat to myself :party-smiley-048:

JR

I didn't know they were "hall of famers" ?! :dunno: I didn't think anyone was paying attention - I thought I could just discretely modify my more crass posts to seem a little more lady-like to future posters. :whipping:

^ I think it's poop on a stick.I realized we were putting too much pressure on my son when I brought him into the bathroom and he turned to me and said "I don't want you to be so proud of me".

So then I laid off. We used the M&M method. One for pee, two for poop. And we have a little M&M dispenser so every time he goes he can push the handle and get one. After 2 weeks of reminding him often, he's pretty much got it. He even woke up in the middle of the night last night and told us he had to go. He's almost 3 -- which I guess is late (compared to other friends of mine), but it was really at his pace.

It will be a while before we're diaper-free (we still have a 9 month old), but the thought of one out of diapers is very exciting!

When we were potty training our daughter, I would always ask her if she needed to go before we left the house and if she said no, I would usually tell her to go ahead and try just to be sure.

One day she started arguing with me saying she was sure she didn't have to go. I made her try anyway and she peed 3 or 4 drops and looked up at me and said, "Are you happy now?" I should have taken that as a sign of what was to come........

Rule number 357: a lady does not use the term "get all up in your shit" see??

My parents had to use drastic measures on my older sister. My sister liked her diapers (cloth diapers), so when my parents

put big girl panties on her she would defy them and go to the bathroom in them.

Then when they would put the diaper back on her she would smile and pat it and was happy.

I guess my mom had enough and rubbed her nose in her wet painties and the wet spot on the floor. It only took one episode

and my sister was potty trained.

It has worked on dogs for me, and apparently it works on humans. :waitwall:

kipper, that is AWESOME.

another few months, and maybe I'll try that one. My son (is 2) does almost that same thing. I'll sit him on the pot, he acts like he's reading a book, says "All done" gets down, puts pants on and squats right there and dumps in his pants.

Does this alot. Very frustrating.

kipper, that is AWESOME.
another few months, and maybe I'll try that one. My son (is 2) does almost that same thing. I'll sit him on the pot, he acts like he's reading a book, says "All done" gets down, puts pants on and squats right there and dumps in his pants.

Does this alot. Very frustrating.
bathroom-1.gif

:Locolaugh:

OMG you have a little fudgey on your hands. I think you will definetely have to break that.

Good luck DV. :whipping:

^^ That is hilarious. That sounds a lot like the stage my son is in right now. He will pretend he's doing the business on the toilet, but wont' do a thing. Then a few minutes later, with diapers back on, he wanders over into "pee pee corner" in the living room and lets loose. But if I take his diaper off, he'll wander around in agony trying to hold it in, and will only pee after I put the diapers back on.

we had a neighbor that trained thier boy by leaving him outside with no diaper all summer. I guess that works, but here I am driving home one night, and I see little johnny 3 blocks from home, naked from the waist down. the road is a pretty heavily traveled arterial. I tell him to get in the car, which is emblazoned "State of NJ, OFFICIAL USE ONLY" and take him back to his house, just praying that I don't show up on America's Most Wanted.

:lmao:

That's what our housekeeper/nanny is doing right now. It's real good at teaching him how to pee outside, but so far it hasn't helped indoors yet.

here is our pride & joy a few weeks ago (the last weekend it was warm here)

he took one look in the "porta potty" (these were along a "rails to trails" thing we were riding bikes on) & decided to drop trousers in the grass

DSC02053.jpg

he is basically my pride & joy :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
we had a neighbor that trained thier boy by leaving him outside with no diaper all summer. I guess that works, but here I am driving home one night, and I see little johnny 3 blocks from home, naked from the waist down. the road is a pretty heavily traveled arterial. I tell him to get in the car, which is emblazoned "State of NJ, OFFICIAL USE ONLY" and take him back to his house, just praying that I don't show up on America's Most Wanted.
:)

Ok cement that sounds like a good start to a Little Johnny joke.

Do we have a little johnny jokes thread. I love those.

RG, where would your boy learn this. Are you a redneck? :dunno:

Alright, I don't want to hear any more shit about hillbillies in WV.

Someone needs some extra training here.
poopy1_sml.jpg
This was from a little nephew of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back