Seeking Career Advice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausername

Reaction score
Hi, I am a power engineer with a master degree in informatics. I always loved coding and stuff and I got lucky to work a few years in this field, never had a job as an engineer. At my last workplace was a project to reconfigure a thermal point to include with renewable power source and I was asigned to prepare the digitalization of it and the same time I started a PhD following this topic. My supervisors told me to focus on the AI integration, not SCADA, the main work I did was to train artificial neuronal networks with data and prepare a digital twin. I think this was a little far off from what was needed there. As relations with my employer got worse I was fired. I was in final year of studies so I can't work anymore on the project related to my PhD and I no longer have access to real data. I think I can manage to make the thesis by my self, but I am not sure if I should do it, if the effort is worthwhile because in my city I have no opportunity to work in this field after I get the diploma because of that employer. For the moment I am focusing of improving my coding skills to work as a programmer. What do you advice me to do ? Thankyou in advance!

Back