Post here if you passed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea I agree with you guys.... I always had "EIT" at the end of my name, seems "PE" would just keep things consistent!   @matt267 PE:  congrats to you, too, btw!!!!!  feels fucking great doesn't it?
Thanks. Words can't even explain how relieved I am to be done with this.

I had it on my resume, but outside of that it seems silly to me.

I certainly did. Add one more pass for an EET student.
Hey I took School of PE on transportation, the PM I did 27/40. the AM portion killed me.I only got 19 out of 40. I am still deciding about taking the EET-California online ( I live in  FL).

Would you recommend me EET- California for the morning portion? Also do you remember any questions I can re-study again please.

Site development, materials and especially Hydraulics..I did very poorly

Who lists EIT anywhere?
I saw that listed EIT your resume before you got you PE.  But, the question was how to write it instead if who uses it. Oh boy..there you went again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I took School of PE on transportation, the PM I did 27/40. the AM portion killed me.I only got 19 out of 40. I am still deciding about taking the EET-California online ( I live in  FL).

Would you recommend me EET- California for the morning portion? Also do you remember any questions I can re-study again please.

Site development, materials and especially Hydraulics..I did very poorly
@transportationretaker

I took School of PE very early in my studying and EET right before the test. For the AM topics, I think they were about the same. I used EET's notes mostly because they were more recently in my mind. But I did use SoPE notes for one AM question. I took EET's water depth and the instructor is awesome. He also taught the AM water topics. So that might help you out there.

Doesn't SoPE offer a free retake?

Even with SoPE and EET, I thought the AM part of the exam was hard. There was lots of questions that weren't covered in either course. I feel that I passed because I nailed the PM part of the exam.

While I do remember some AM questions, it would be a violation of NCEES' policy to discuss them. So please be careful.

If I failed, I was going to try and read a bit more and understand the concept of the AM topics vs. just doing tons of problems.  

Good luck and stick around this site and ask questions.

So I passed exam early and still need aprox two more years of experience .. I am using P.E (experience pending) for now. 

So I passed exam early and still need aprox two more years of experience .. I am using P.E (experience pending) for now. 
you aren't a PE until you get your license # from the state you applied for licensure in... to put a qualifier after PE would like incredibly silly to anybody in the industry

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured I'd have to wait for my license number, but GA sent me an email with my license number saying that I passed before NCEES had their website updated. For all the waiting I had to do, I'll take getting the license number quickly. 

41 minutes ago, Cheme2013 said: So I passed exam early and still need aprox two more years of experience .. I am using P.E (experience pending) for now. 
you aren't a PE until you get your license # from the state you applied for licensure in... to put a qualifier after PE would like incredibly silly to anybody in the industry
This is a good example of why I personally feel that taking the exam prior to being able to be licensed is strange. 1 test, 50+ interpretations.

This is a good example of why I personally feel that taking the exam prior to being able to be licensed is strange. 1 test, 50+ interpretations.
i agree. when i was applying i thought it was dumb that i had to wait so long to sit for the exam (NJ makes you gain experience first) but now that it is all over I think this is the correct approach. If anything, it makes engineers have to really buckle down and re-learn stuff from college; it also requires you to be more dedicated since studying while working is more difficult than doing so as a senior in college. Getting the PE should be difficult and require sacrifice.

6 minutes ago, Ken PE 3.0 said: This is a good example of why I personally feel that taking the exam prior to being able to be licensed is strange. 1 test, 50+ interpretations.
i agree. when i was applying i thought it was dumb that i had to wait so long to sit for the exam (NJ makes you gain experience first) but now that it is all over I think this is the correct approach. If anything, it makes engineers have to really buckle down and re-learn stuff from college; it also requires you to be more dedicated since studying while working is more difficult than doing so as a senior in college. Getting the PE should be difficult and require sacrifice.
Don't they say that it is a test of knowledge gained through practical experience? The hell do you have practical experience if you sit for the test 6 months out of college or a year? Doesn't make any flipping sense to me. I just wish they would standardize the damn rules, sure would make reciprocity easier.

Don't they say that it is a test of knowledge gained through practical experience? The hell do you have practical experience if you sit for the test 6 months out of college or a year? Doesn't make any flipping sense to me. I just wish they would standardize the damn rules, sure would make reciprocity easier.
i don't think the exam is a good test of practical knowledge honestly. they should try and craft it more like the PMP where you are given situational questions and need to pick the best choice out of the group of answers. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I did much worse on the morning portion than afternoon, and I'm only 6 months out of undergrad. I felt like everything I learned in undergrad had already slipped away. I did study hard for the afternoon portion, because I had no experience and have learned very little at this point in grad school. So while someone who's been out of college for 3 or 4 years would have to buckle down work hard to relearn everything from college, those who don't have the experience have to learn their focus area for the first time. There was very little from undergrad that was asked on the PM portion of the exam. Also, I didn't have access to any of the materials I needed since I'm not working (MUTCD, HSM, HCM, etc) so I had to buy them all out of my own money, and that was ridiculously expensive. And then, having never seen those materials before, I had to learn where to find all the info I needed.

I also wanted to point out that you're not studying for the PE while you're still a senior... you can't even sign up for the PE until you've both graduated AND gotten your EIT certification, which requires passing the FE first. Most of the people who are in grad school with me are also working full time jobs, and even those of us who aren't working were splitting our time between homework and studying.

I don't think taking it (and passing) later in life is any indication of being more competent than those who took it 6 months after graduation. Personally, I have far more free time while working than at any point I've been in school. But maybe that's just me. When I'm in school, I'm always "on," always studying, working on a project, doing something to try and get good grades, but while working, I'm completely done at 5pm.

Back