PA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PA is apparently not setup to handle the processing and paperwork that is involved with engineering licensure. Therefore, PCS does all of the paperwork and acts as the state. Here is how I understand it from gathering what I have been told by a former coworker (which explains the big screwup last cycle).

1. NCEES sends results to PCS (not the state)
  2. PCS processes the results and prepares them for upload to the PA database (license lookup) and does all of the "paperwork" for issuance of licenses. At this same time, PCS publishes the result to your PCS page.
  3. PCS sends the database to PA for upload to the license lookup and tells NCEES to release results to your NCEES page
  4. PA uploads the database to the license lookup

Since there was the aforementioned screw up, before PCS can publish the result to your PCS page (#2), PA wants to verify that they entered everything correctly from NCEES. There is only one part of this process that just doesn't make sense...since NCEES has the OFFICIAL database, when they release results to the states, there is no reason PA has to wait until PCS is done doing their thing before telling NCEES to make the results available. No other states seem to operate this way.

So, for all intensive purposes, PCS is basically acting as the state if you want to compare apples to apples.

Last edited by a moderator:
PA is apparently not setup to handle the processing and paperwork that is involved with engineering licensure. Therefore, PCS does all of the paperwork and acts as the state. Here is how I understand it from gathering what I have been told by a former coworker (which explains the big screwup last cycle).

1. NCEES sends results to PCS (not the state)

PCS processes the results and prepares them for upload to the PA database (license lookup) and does all of the "paperwork" for issuance of licenses. At this same time, PCS publishes the result to your PCS page.
PCS sends the database to PA for upload to the license lookup and tells NCEES to release results to your NCEES page
PA uploads the database to the license lookup

Since there was the aforementioned screw up, before PCS can publish the result to your PCS page (#2), PA wants to verify that they entered everything correctly from NCEES. There is only one part of this process that just doesn't make sense...since NCEES has the OFFICIAL database, when they release results to the states, there is no reason PA has to wait until PCS is done doing their thing before telling NCEES to make the results available. No other states seem to operate this way.

So, for all intensive purposes, PCS is basically acting as the state if you want to compare apples to apples.
Good point.

• NCEES sends results to PCS (not the state)
  • PCS processes the results and prepares them for upload to the PA database (license lookup) and does all of the "paperwork" for issuance of licenses. At this same time, PCS publishes the result to your PCS page.
  • PCS sends the database to PA for upload to the license lookup and tells NCEES to release results to your NCEES page
  • PA uploads the database to the license lookup

Very ture. We see no reason for PA to wait allowing NCEES posting the results, it gotta be one- the question remains!!!!

This really sucks. I hope I don't have to do this again (my gut's telling me I will after that dreaded afternoon session).

This really sucks. I hope I don't have to do this again (my gut's telling me I will after that dreaded afternoon session).
Adventure_time_meme_by_chaosthorn78-d5iihcb.jpg

I don't even care anymore. I almost started studying last night. I chose to drink instead.

Did anyone take an online course that gives a good review of the afternoon civil structural exam?

This wait is getting old...

I took the SchoolofPE online class (weekends) which was a good overall review course but I did not leave the test feeling very confident about passing.

I sat for the thermal/fluids PM session. The time was the most difficult aspect for me. That a working a 50+hr full-time job and spending nights studying and doing college-type engineering problems from 8 years ago...

Today's update...as I mentioned yesterday (I think, the whole wait is running together), the PA Board has the database and their IT DEPARTMENT is ensuring that it is correct ( :true: ).

Today's update...as I mentioned yesterday (I think, the whole wait is running together), the PA Board has the database and their IT DEPARTMENT is ensuring that it is correct ( :true: ).
If I can manually QC multiple sets of detailed sampling analyses including around hundred pollutants, their results, reporting limits and whatnot in an hour or so, I'm pretty sure PA can QC the database of a few hundred folks in the same time period...

If I can manually QC multiple sets of detailed sampling analyses including around hundred pollutants, their results, reporting limits and whatnot in an hour or so, I'm pretty sure PA can QC the database of a few hundred folks in the same time period...
But are you a government employee? You will need to factor in the smoke breaks that you are entitled to. And the 11 am saftey briefing: "Don't stick your finger in the bagel hole when slicing it"

But are you a government employee? You will need to factor in the smoke breaks that you are entitled to. And the 11 am saftey briefing: "Don't stick your finger in the bagel hole when slicing it"
True

Are they still using a dial-up modem to connect to their AOL account?

Back