PA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...is the PA board regrading our tests?

My understanding of the process is that NCEES already knows if our scores were above or below the passing mark.

NCEES should be able to tell us if our score was above or below the passing cutoff (careful to not actually say that we passed). Then while the PE board is having their circle-jerk in a wawa parking lot, we at least know if we passed the test.

Anyone know what wawa it is?
You sure it's a Wawa? No Wawa's in Harrisburg area... probably a Sheetz?
They do seem unsophisticated enough to choose Sheetz over Wawa.

Hopefully this triggers a Wawa/Sheetz debate to help pass the time
Sheetz is not the problem in southcentral PA. It's that cursed Rutters that has tainted our landscape. Down with Rutters, VIVA LA WAWA!

My understanding of the process is that NCEES already knows if our scores were above or below the passing mark.

NCEES should be able to tell us if our score was above or below the passing cutoff (careful to not actually say that we passed). Then while the PE board is having their circle-jerk in a wawa parking lot, we at least know if we passed the test.

Sheetz is not the problem in southcentral PA. It's that cursed Rutters that has tainted our landscape. Down with Rutters, VIVA LA WAWA!
Having lived in areas with Sheetz, Rutters, and Wawa, I've found that Rutters is far by the worst of the three. Wawa and Sheetz both have redeeming qualities, but I do have a soft spot for Wawa.

I'm starting to wonder if we will get anything this week....tomorrow marks two weeks since the first states released scores.

Having lived in areas with Sheetz, Rutters, and Wawa, I've found that Rutters is far by the worst of the three. Wawa and Sheetz both have redeeming qualities, but I do have a soft spot for Wawa.
My thoughts exactly... let's add Turkey Hill to the basement level with Rutters too. Not their ice cream, just everything else.

My thoughts exactly... let's add Turkey Hill to the basement level with Rutters too. Not their ice cream, just everything else.
Have you guys heard of County Fair? I think they are by far the worst.

Turkey Hill has never really been a contender for me, but I do occasionally stop by for gas if there's nothing else around.. Their ice cream and iced tea are pretty darn good.

Look at what we've been degraded to... comparing gas stations. Thanks PA. :suicide1:

Well, this escalated quickly haha.

Here's an update from the PA Board...

We received the database from PCS yesterday and checking that they are correct (assuming w/ something from NCEES). We're hoping to have results released this week.

Rutters hotdogs > Sheetz hotdogs

Well, this escalated quickly haha.

Here's an update from the PA Board...

We received the database from PCS yesterday and checking that they are correct (assuming w/ something from NCEES). We're hoping to have results released this week.

Rutters hotdogs > Sheetz hotdogs
Ok.. at least we know things are happening. Thanks for providing the update!

Never had a hotdog from either, but have had their hoagies/subs. Wawa=Sheetz hoagies > Rutters hoagies.

Regarding layout of the building, I much prefer Wawa's registers being in an island, as opposed to Sheetz and Rutters being along a wall. I also like Wawa's color scheme better. It seems cleaner.

Restrooms at Wawa are sorely lacking, however. Every single time I use a Wawa bathroom, I always feel like I need to rewash my hands and possibly change clothes.

Look at what we've been degraded to... comparing gas stations. Thanks PA. :suicide1:
How about a different debate? Tastykake vs Little Debbie.......
I like this debate. But, Tastykake, hands down. :)
And I was starting to really like you ENVE. Little Debbie or nothing. Also Middlesworth over Utz.
Haha. Noooo.. I've fallen out of grace!

Hmm.. I agree with you on that one. Although, sometimes I do have a craving for Utz.

Wait. Wait. Hold the presses. Whoa.

If big23's assumption is correct, then that would mean:

NCEES sent results to state boards (PA included).

NCEES sent results to PCS.

PCS does whatever PCS does (more speculation is needed here).

PCS forwards scores to PA Board.

PA board has to double check PCS's work since they have been screw-ups in the past

PA Board now has two working lists.

PA board has to double check PCS's work since they have been screw-ups in the past

I could be wrong but I think NCEES releases the results directly to PCS then PCS does whatever they do and send the scores to the board.

It sounds like PA is cross checking the database PCS created with the score list given to them from NCEES? I'm sure the database is something that PA just hits 'save', since they apparently don't have the staff/capability to create the database themselves.

Last round there was an awful screw-up where people were listed with a PE # when they in fact did not pass. PA probably wants to avoid the angry callers and emailers.

Back