PA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember waiting for the FE. Actually, I don't. I remember taking the test, and then forgetting about it. I got a letter in the mail the same day I got my certificate, so it was a nice surprise. Aside from that, I had completely forgotten about it.

All this waiting around does nothing for me, except increase anxiety and frustration. I'd rather be at the mercy of the courier than on my own and feel that I have to constantly check my email and websites for updates.

I got a email form the state regarding the results. The lady that responded said official scores will be released approx. 12 weeks after exam and will be on the ncees website. Anything showing up in our PCS accounts are unofficial.

I tried to copy and pasting the response but its not working for me.

Anyways the wait continues, this is ridiculous
I would have some confidence in the PCS website, but, whatever you do, don't trust the license PA site. Last time around PA had some definite problems--they essentially marked a ton of people as passing when they didn't. It happened to my coworker. The PCS site said that he failed, he checked the license PA site, and it gave him a PE number and everything, only to revoke it several hours later after they got a bunch of phone calls asking for clarification.

Needless to say... :pcs:

What the heck. Got the same email. Why bother sending me this?!

"Scores for the April 2015 Pennsylvania PE/PS Examinations have been reported to PCS; however, they will not be officially released to candidates at this time. When grades are reported by NCEES, PCS and the Pennsylvania State Board have a reconciliation process to conclude prior to scores being released to candidates. During this process, any scores you see on your PCSHQ profile are considered to beunofficial. Please be assured that the moment the scores are officially available, NCEES will be notified immediately and scores will be released. Official score results will be posted on yourMy NCEES account (www.ncees.orghttp://www.ncees.org/) approximately 12 weeks following the examination as indicated in the Candidate Information Bulletin received by you prior to the examination date. If you took a State Specific examination, those results will be emailed to you within 12 weeks following the examination.

We appreciate your patience. Should you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact PCS and it will be our pleasure to assist you."

I don't.

But, 12 weeks is ridiculous. That's July! Let's hope they release them before July!

:pcs:

It appears most states dropped PCS. For good reason. For a, "a specialized service provider for examination development, examination administration, licensing and certification services to state and national organizations," they sure seem to suck at it. Shouldn't ya know, they be good at what they specialize in? Why are they withholding results that over half the country already has???

Just got this email from PCS:

[SIZE=medium]"Dear Candidate, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Scores for the April 2015 Pennsylvania PE/PS Examinations have been reported to PCS; however, they will not be officially released to candidates at this time. When grades are reported by NCEES, PCS and the Pennsylvania State Board have a reconciliation process to conclude prior to scores being released to candidates. During this process, any scores you see on your PCSHQ profile are considered to be unofficial. Please be assured that the moment the scores are officially available, NCEES will be notified immediately and scores will be released. Official score results will be posted on your My NCEES account (www.ncees.orghttp://www.ncees.org/) approximately 12 weeks following the examination as indicated in the Candidate Information Bulletin received by you prior to the examination date. If you took a State Specific examination, those results will be emailed to you within 12 weeks following the examination."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Neither NCEES or PCS have been updated. Waiting to wait...[/SIZE]

Just looked up the next PA Engineering Board meeting date - July 8.

If they wait that long to release results I'm going to be highly upset.

The 12 weeks occurs 2 days after the next announced board meeting... I wouldn't be surprised to not hear anything until after then. I looked at the previous meeting agenda (May13) and there were no topics of the PE exam... Ugh

It would be interesting to compare who is already getting the SPAM emails from PPI and who isn't. They're in bed with everyone else and that may be the best indicator of who passed. Unfortunately I am already getting emails from PPI.

I don't.

But, 12 weeks is ridiculous. That's July! Let's hope they release them before July!

:pcs:

This almost certainly won't happen to you, but just remember, it is possible. When I took the PE first time, in April of 2006. I got results on July 8th of 2006.
I'm afraid of that possibility. Trying to stay positive to avoid having an anxiety or heart attack, haha.

It would be interesting to compare who is already getting the SPAM emails from PPI and who isn't. They're in bed with everyone else and that may be the best indicator of who passed. Unfortunately I am already getting emails from PPI.
No.

I got the same e-mail from them. This is torture, I just want it over with whether or not I passed!

I don't get why last year PA had the results on the 2nd day and this year we get this crazy email stating it could be six more weeks wait.

What has changed?

Somebody above mentioned that there was a "snafu" last year with respect to grades that were passing and should have failed and vice versa. I'm sure some big whig government nutjob put some plan in place to have a meeting between PCS, NCEES and the state to make sure it doesn't happen. Of course that meeting wouldn't happen at a time convenient for us, right? Then again, the results could show up in an hour for all I know..

PCS will probably post them late in the day to avoid having to answer the phone when people call in to ask if the scores are official or not, haha.

Back