PA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been lurking for months but I just called PCS and thought that signing up just to share this information was important. I spoke with a lady who was very nice, been with PCS for 15 years, I believe truly empathized with our displeasure and tried to give me as much info as she knew. Also, she did not know Engineerboards.com existed and was shocked to see that we all talk so much.

The Short Story:

Due to the fiasco of last January with the PA licensing site, PCS has chosen not to update PA candidate PCS profiles before the PA Board approves the release of the NCEES site results. Essentially, PCS and NCEES websites will be updated at the same time. Also, with the caution that she could only give an experienced speculation of what may happen, she said she would be shocked and angry herself if it took even 8-10 weeks for the results to be approved, let alone 12 weeks. She felt confident that we would get them in a few weeks. Also, she did not think that the board had to actually meet in order for them to approve the results for release. Anyone with access to last year's board minutes will be able to confirm if PE results ever get discussed in a board meeting.

After explaining PCS's role in general licensing, all these problems fall on PA's Board and government because they require this process to occur because they did not take the time or resources to make a licensing department that does what PCS does for them.

I hope this brings some comfort to all of you, at least in that we cannot expect any results for the next few weeks on any page. So we can at least stop refreshing. I did recommend that PCS tell us never to check the PA license search. That site is completely controlled by a different beast. Go by PCS or NCEES only.

I've been lurking for months but I just called PCS and thought that signing up just to share this information was important. I spoke with a lady who was very nice, been with PCS for 15 years, I believe truly empathized with our displeasure and tried to give me as much info as she knew. Also, she did not know Engineerboards.com existed and was shocked to see that we all talk so much.

The Short Story:

Due to the fiasco of last January with the PA licensing site, PCS has chosen not to update PA candidate PCS profiles before the PA Board approves the release of the NCEES site results. Essentially, PCS and NCEES websites will be updated at the same time. Also, with the caution that she could only give an experienced speculation of what may happen, she said she would be shocked and angry herself if it took even 8-10 weeks for the results to be approved, let alone 12 weeks. She felt confident that we would get them in a few weeks. Also, she did not think that the board had to actually meet in order for them to approve the results for release. Anyone with access to last year's board minutes will be able to confirm if PE results ever get discussed in a board meeting.

After explaining PCS's role in general licensing, all these problems fall on PA's Board and government because they require this process to occur because they did not take the time or resources to make a licensing department that does what PCS does for them.

I hope this brings some comfort to all of you, at least in that we cannot expect any results for the next few weeks on any page. So we can at least stop refreshing. I did recommend that PCS tell us never to check the PA license search. That site is completely controlled by a different beast. Go by PCS or NCEES only.
Thanks for the update! Really appreciate it!

I will admit that things could always turn out better and we get them today or this week. I know for me though, just knowing this as the worst case calmed me down considerably, even though I'm still disgusted with the situation. I know I'll still be refreshing at 5pm everyday, but at least now I'll be more productive at work.

Yeah, I'll still check every now and then, too.

Gotta love the process. I'm probably forgetting a few things in here:

TY7HUcC.jpg

UPDATE: I called the PA Engineering Board and the aide there confirmed that the board does not hold a meeting to reconcile the results with PCS. This means we don't have to wait for the next board meeting or any meeting for results to be released. We just have to wait for the two entities to talk and the PA board to approve the results for release. I couldn't ascertain from the aide how this occurs or who does it. But again, it seems to all rest on the PA board. I would assume this week or next.

Back