ordering a pizza in 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the best way to aviod the Armageddon would be to die before 21 Decemeber 2012.
Sounds like a great idea... if anyone wants to take me up on the offer, I'm available on 20 December 2012 for a mass "solution". All I ask is that you will me all your possessions so we can have them in one convenient place for our entry into the afterworld. Of course, I'll be the last to go because I want to make sure everything gets taken care of... I sure wouldn't want someone to have to suffer through the Armageddon on the 21st.

Sounds like a great idea... if anyone wants to take me up on the offer, I'm available on 20 December 2012 for a mass "solution". All I ask is that you will me all your possessions so we can have them in one convenient place for our entry into the afterworld. Of course, I'll be the last to go because I want to make sure everything gets taken care of... I sure wouldn't want someone to have to suffer through the Armageddon on the 21st.

IlPadrino,

I would like to help you in this noble endeavour. If anyone has a beachhouse, couple of million dollars in cash, gold bars, and a +23 ft boat I'll be happy to devote all my time to your estate.

I meant "plans"... still, same difference! How can I avoid the Armageddon?!?
Answer = Jesus. Aren't believers supposed to be taken up before Armageddon?

Does the Mesoamerican calendar give the time the show starts? Midnight at the start of the 21st or midnight at the end of the 21st? I need to plan my meals.

A friend of mine immigrated from Chihuahua Mexico, he says the calendar simply starts over in 2012 due to the cyclic system. At least that's what they say back home.

Answer = Jesus. Aren't believers supposed to be taken up before Armageddon?
Does the Mesoamerican calendar give the time the show starts? Midnight at the start of the 21st or midnight at the end of the 21st? I need to plan my meals.
You're wrong - the MesoAmericans didn't believe in Jesus, so how can belief in Jesus save you from MesoAmerican Apocalypse?

The only way that would work is if Christian apocalypse happens first, so I suggest you get crackin' on that!

You're wrong - the MesoAmericans didn't believe in Jesus, so how can belief in Jesus save you from MesoAmerican Apocalypse?
Maybe their lack of belief is why they are no longer around.

Love hurts.

Naaa... they must have done something pretty bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
SapperPE said:
Imagine how much life would have sucked for you over the last 8 years if you were an American loving, law abiding, societal contributing Pakistani-American.
I don't know, I work with and went to school with lot's of Pakistanis, Afghanis, Somalis, Yemenis, etc. and they are all doing okay. At least they don't complain to me. THey sure keep trying to come over here on student and work visas, at least they did before the economy went into the tank. One of my good friends from graduate school was a Pakistani lady who is now in dental school. Another colleague was a politically active Somali. Absolutely nothing happened to her, ever.

I am not worried about losing my freedom's under Obama, I agree there are checks and balances. But I also think all this worry about the Patriot Act is overblown. Guess how many people I know who have felt any effect from the Patriot Act - exactly zero. Maybe everybody else knows people that were thrown in jail under the Patriot Act, but I know nobody.

I also notice that despite all the outrage, even with a hugely Democratic congress nobody is talking about repealing it. Even Obama apparently supports some aspects of it.

And my health care is pretty good, as is the healthcare of everybody I know, including some people that are unemployed.

That's my honest experience. I think the "healthcare is a disaster" is just as much hype as "Obama is evil." That's not to say I don't think some of the proposed reforms (ie preexisting conditons reforms, etc.) are possibly worthwhile.

And my health care is pretty good, as is the healthcare of everybody I know, including some people that are unemployed.
That's my honest experience. I think the "healthcare is a disaster" is just as much hype as "Obama is evil." That's not to say I don't think some of the proposed reforms (ie preexisting conditons reforms, etc.) are possibly worthwhile.
My biggest issue with health care reform (and most legislation for that matter) is how it gets pushed through. Health care shouldn't be about whether you are a democrat or a republican, but what is best for the most amount of people. However, each side has drawn their lines and aren't looking at the evidence (ie, that preventative medicine doesn't lower cost). How can we make such a huge investment without public hearings. Why aren't experts testify on capital hill? One of my MBA professors last quarter went and met with the Obama admin, along with a handful of other economist. There was near universal concurrence that the public plan was bad and one way to control health cost was to eliminate the insurance tax deductions. Something as large as health care reform should be a multi year long process, not something you can attached an arbitrary time frame to.

My biggest issue with health care reform (and most legislation for that matter) is how it gets pushed through. Health care shouldn't be about whether you are a democrat or a republican, but what is best for the most amount of people. However, each side has drawn their lines and aren't looking at the evidence (ie, that preventative medicine doesn't lower cost). How can we make such a huge investment without public hearings. Why aren't experts testify on capital hill? One of my MBA professors last quarter went and met with the Obama admin, along with a handful of other economist. There was near universal concurrence that the public plan was bad and one way to control health cost was to eliminate the insurance tax deductions. Something as large as health care reform should be a multi year long process, not something you can attached an arbitrary time frame to.
I would agree with that, but I'm thinking the political process will probably end up slowing it down.

And let me state that I am no fan of incremental decrease in liberty, whether from a Democratic or Republican. I just think that sometimes people freak out way too much about it, or pretend to freak out about it based on who is in the White House.

Back