October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had time to do some thinking.

And you know what? It doesn't matter if you failed. Because if it was easy, everybody would pass it on their first try! I've met so many of you here that have taken this thing multiple times, 2, 3, 4, whatever. But everyone that I see that took it three times has "PE" at the end of their username. You know what that tells me? IT'S POSSIBLE!

So don't give up! Me? I'm gonna take a few days to sulk, cry, whatever I need to do, and then in a couple weeks, I'm putting together a plan of attach and KILLING THIS THING in the spring!

WE GOT THIS!!!!!
love a good plan of attach!

Are they gonna take back our passes? Is this Phase 7?
View attachment 26291
I log into my NCEES every morning checking making sure that green box is still there, and then I go to PE roster look up my name and still see it with a license number 😅 making sure they didn't take it away from me. But this morning first day didn't do it! I guess I am finally in phase 8 back to normal

I log into my NCEES every morning checking making sure that green box is still there, and then I go to PE roster look up my name and still see it with a license number 😅 making sure they didn't take it away from me. But this morning first day didn't do it! I guess I am finally in phase 8 back to normal
looks like we're still good 😬

You passed. You're fine.
Yes it's normal that you are doubting it. It could last a while.
So I've seen that in Minnesota you only get letters if you've passed but haven't submitted/don't have experience yet or if you have failed. Since clearly there are issues with NCEES with maintenance, Minnesota with potentially not releasing results yet, and I have gotten out of state mail that was postmarked later than Dec. 2nd, can I start to feel optimistic about my chances at passing or should I continue to agonizingly wait in limbo?

I got passing score of 73 as per Texas board , does that mean I got 73 right answers or I got 73%?
It means neither. It means that whatever score you got per NCEES is equal to a 73 (units unknown) per Texas.

So I've seen that in Minnesota you only get letters if you've passed but haven't submitted/don't have experience yet or if you have failed.
Is that true? I don't think that was the case in the past. I thought everyone got a letter regardless.

Since clearly there are issues with NCEES with maintenance,
That's irrelevant.

Since clearly there are issues with NCEES[...], Minnesota with potentially not releasing results yet,
Yeah, someone really dropped the ball this year.

and I have gotten out of state mail that was postmarked later than Dec. 2nd,
Mail service has been a cluster since May last year and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I thought something was wrong when people reporting getting their letters on Saturday Dec 4 but postmarked on Dec 2. One would expect the MSP area to get their results the next day in the mail.

Where approximately are you in Minnesota? Metro area, burbs, rural, or might-as-well-be-Canada? That could be a factor.

In the past few years, Minnesota has authorized NCEES to release the results as soon as they finished stuffing the envelopes and put them in the mail, or the next morning. I'm not sure why it's still delayed. Unless they are still stuffing envelopes?

can I start to feel optimistic about my chances at passing or should I continue to agonizingly wait in limbo?
Sorry.
200w.gif

I tried to get a pic of the more metaphysical plane of limbo, but they were all huge! So I went simpsons instead.

Is that true? I don't think that was the case in the past. I thought everyone got a letter regardless.
I don't actually know. I thought I saw that somewhere in the WttS thread or somewhere else here and Reddit but could be a circular information thing. I do know that some of my coworkers didn't get letters when they had the prior experience and passed but they did take it a few years ago.

That's irrelevant.
I thought maybe the results would be up when it came back but alas.. :cry:

Yeah, someone really dropped the ball this year.
Yeah maybe so. I know they are busy with folks trying to renew their licenses at the end of the year so I could see something like that falling through the cracks. I wouldn't want to pester them too much with questions if that's the case.

Mail service has been a cluster since May last year and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I thought something was wrong when people reporting getting their letters on Saturday Dec 4 but postmarked on Dec 2. One would expect the MSP area to get their results the next day in the mail.

Where approximately are you in Minnesota? Metro area, burbs, rural, or might-as-well-be-Canada? That could be a factor.
Yeah I'm about 25 minutes away from the building the board is in so in one of the interior burbs. I wouldn't think it would be too much of a wait for that distance but there is a reason it is called snail mail.

In the past few years, Minnesota has authorized NCEES to release the results as soon as they finished stuffing the envelopes and put them in the mail, or the next morning. I'm not sure why it's still delayed. Unless they are still stuffing envelopes?
Perhaps that could be the case as well. When I gave them a call yesterday, they said that they had sent everything out and gave NCEES the green light so maybe just a miscommunication or they may just not like me? I haven't heard of any other Minnesotan being able to access them by the account yet but I only personally know of two other engineers who took it this session with me.

Sorry.
200w.gif

I tried to get a pic of the more metaphysical plane of limbo, but they were all huge! So I went simpsons instead.
Shoot. I was hoping that I could maybe do the ol process of elimination. Oh well. The wait continues into tomorrow!

I don't actually know. I thought I saw that somewhere in the WttS thread or somewhere else here and Reddit but could be a circular information thing. I do know that some of my coworkers didn't get letters when they had the prior experience and passed but they did take it a few years ago.

[...]
Shoot. I was hoping that I could maybe do the ol process of elimination. Oh well. The wait continues into tomorrow!
If the first paragraph is true, then you have reason to be optimistic. I just can't confirm that it is true.

Back