October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, sometimes I’m struggling with my word choices. I just blame it on my poor ESL skills :)
See, sexism doesn't have a native language. Being respectful to women has absolutely nothing to do with where one is from or what language they speak. But this is getting into a topic for another corner of the internet.

#BeBetter

One person on the Reddit thread posted a 53/80 failing for structural. Not sure if it is better or worse to be close to the passing score??
Better, always better. It means you're that much closer and you can go into the next exam with more confidence.

After my first attempt (38/80), I knew that I had to get better. After this attempt (47/80), I know that the problem is a little bit of technical deficiency, but could also be some test taking strategies and simple calc mistakes.

Does anyone feel like every time you hit F5 on the NCEES site its like hitting that last box in Minesweeper that's 50/50 that you've invested months into? I pull the site back up and just take a breath, hold it, and then hit F5 only for pending results to show. I'm not sure how much longer I can take of this.. Get it together Minnesota!

Does anyone feel like every time you hit F5 on the NCEES site its like hitting that last box in Minesweeper that's 50/50 that you've invested months into? I pull the site back up and just take a breath, hold it, and then hit F5 only for pending results to show. I'm not sure how much longer I can take of this.. Get it together Minnesota!
If there's a Minesweeper map that takes "months" to play, please send me the link.

Yeah, sometimes I’m struggling with my word choices. I just blame it on my poor ESL skills :)
But, honestly, even after a decade in this country I can’t get used to all the talks about minorities, etc…
Just be a good human and a fine professional and it will lead to a success no matter what.
I just wanted to make a point that in some countries civil engineering office jobs are mostly occupied by female engineers. I apologize if I made it sound unethical.

Minnesota usually releases after lunch on day 2. They've got internal stuff they have to do before they allow NCEES to release.

One person on the Reddit thread posted a 53/80 failing for structural. Not sure if it is better or worse to be close to the passing score??
Can you please post the Reddit link for me, I want to PE Civil-Structural failure scores please ?
anyone more than 49 ? My diagnostic report this time looks complete opposite from the first time I took. I wish NCEES can take best scores of each section in my multiple attempts:(

If a person is from TX, can a failing score be skewed by their board. I remember they have something different about publishing their results.

1638457107593.png

If there are any OH friends lurking. Got an update from the assistant executive director. I feel better knowing they're at least looking at them. Starting to feel like OH is going to be the problem child.

Looks like the past few exams, IL has released results around noon on Day 2. Really holding out hope that's the case and I find out in a few hours, idk if I can hold onto my sanity much longer.

But, honestly, even after a decade in this country I can’t get used to all the talks about minorities, etc…
Just be a good human and a fine professional and it will lead to a success no matter what.
I just wanted to make a point that in some countries civil engineering office jobs are mostly occupied by female engineers. I apologize if I made it sound unethical.
While in a vacuum, "being a good human will lead to success no matter what" should work, it doesn't, because there are still oppressive, inequitable systems that exist in this country. That's why we have these conversations.

1st attempt: Oct '18
2nd attempt: Oct '19 (don't recommend, but for personal reasons I skipped April)
3rd attempt: Dec 1st '20 (I studied a LOT for the two P/P scheduled and then cancelled for April and October 2020, respectively). The CBT was a different format and I didn't quite know what to expect, but I figured take it on the first available date so I could re-take as soon as I could if I failed.
4th attempt: March 27, '21 (I wanted some time to re-take a class and focus on things I was still weak on.)
5th attempt: June 10, '21 (I knew exactly what to study for and how. I focused on shorter, drill-type problems since the concepts were all still fresh in my mind. I made sure to close any gaps and used the concept "Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong.")
Need to get this printed on a t-shirt. This is amazing. It perfectly captures the answer to "how do you pass this thing?"

Back