October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had time to do some thinking.

And you know what? It doesn't matter if you failed. Because if it was easy, everybody would pass it on their first try! I've met so many of you here that have taken this thing multiple times, 2, 3, 4, whatever. But everyone that I see that took it three times has "PE" at the end of their username. You know what that tells me? IT'S POSSIBLE!

So don't give up! Me? I'm gonna take a few days to sulk, cry, whatever I need to do, and then in a couple weeks, I'm putting together a plan of attach and KILLING THIS THING in the spring!

WE GOT THIS!!!!!

View attachment 26160

I’m really bad with words and making anything sound remotely eloquent…but I’ll do my best…
I raise a glass to everyone…Those who have their results and those who don’t. To everyone who passed, and especially to everyone who failed. Every single one of you are all rockstars who kick serious ass and are so amazing!!!
Here’s to the end of the long wait WTTS era. Having the support of this community of wonderful people has truly brought me joy. Mostly, here’s to @RBHeadge PE for doing an INCREDIBLE job bringing us all together exam after exam and guiding and informing us and putting in soooo much work it’s insane! You are a true hero!! We appreciate you more than you know!!
Finally, here’s to all the spammers. Even though we didn’t break the spam record, we did a heckin’ fantastic job this spam season!! I had a blast spamming with all of you!!!
I plan to stick around and win EB Mafia, chat with the ladies, and try to help support future test takers. I only hope I can help people as much as all of you have helped me.
Thank you everyone!!! ❤️
I didn't realize how many women were actually in this group. This is so, SO refreshing to see!!

I knew it was going to come out early this morning. But I didn't think it would happen 'before I got out of bed' early.
I think they got tired of me refreshing my page all night :ROFLMAO: Thank you for your support during this misery not sure How I would have dealt with this wait period without this thread. That was my first try I still can't believe it!

And you know what? It doesn't matter if you failed. Because if it was easy, everybody would pass it on their first try! I've met so many of you here that have taken this thing multiple times, 2, 3, 4, whatever. But everyone that I see that took it three times has "PE" at the end of their username. You know what that tells me? IT'S POSSIBLE!

So don't give up! Me? I'm gonna take a few days to sulk, cry, whatever I need to do, and then in a couple weeks, I'm putting together a plan of attach and KILLING THIS THING in the spring!

WE GOT THIS!!!!!
We do!!! This test does not define you.

WE GOT THIS!!!!!
Love your attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE GOT THIS!!!!!
I have an idea. I was thinking of starting a new thread for repeat takers like us so we can share ideas and strategies to get through this **** thing. Maybe call it “repeat takers strategy”. And maybe someone who has passed after multiple attempts can also provide some good strategy. Any thoughts?

I have an idea. I was thinking of starting a new thread for repeat takers like us so we can share ideas and strategies to get through this **** thing. Maybe call it “repeat takers strategy”. And maybe someone who has passed after multiple attempts can also provide some good strategy. Any thoughts?
I have not gotten results yet, but I do very much like this idea. Especially with the switch to CBT.

WE GOT THIS!!!!!
To some extent the PE exam is meant to be difficult to make sure you are actually knowlegable in your field as there is a big risk/safety factor in being able to stamp drawings. While the pass rates of the PE exams are higher than CPA, Bar, etc. it is essentially the same caliber of exam. That is definitely the right way to approach this.

Great idea. I think anyone who is a member can start a new thread. I am glad to see such comraderie continuing to come from this forum. I definitely found it very helpful when I took the exam last year.

This would be fantastic.
Welcome to the New Suck: Repeat Exam Takers

I took the electrical power, but I took the P/P portion twice, and the CBT three times before passing, so even though I didn't take the civil, I may have some insight on transitioning from the P/P to the CBT so feel free to invite me.

Alright everyone, I need to go to an offsite meeting all day today. I'll check in occasionally, but I won't be able to respond quickly or thoroughly today. Best of luck and congratulations.

count me in!

I took the electrical power, but I took the P/P portion twice, and the CBT three times before passing, so even though I didn't take the civil, I may have some insight on transitioning from the P/P to the CBT so feel free to invite me.
That’s awesome thanks for the offer to help! I have been out of school 21 years and started studying a year ago for the first time since graduating so I’m way behind and lacking on test taking strategy. I’m convinced there’s a formula on how to prepare for this exam and someone like yourself who passed after multiple attempts could possibly help us who are struggling and how to avoid study strategies that won’t work.

Out of curiosity, @DuranDuran PE what were the time gaps between your attempts, specifically the CBT attempts? Did you find it wise to jump into your next attempt quickly if you were close to passing?

Back