October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to register for the early results program. The deal with the early results program is to get feedback from candidates who performed exceptionally well on the exam, before grading the remaining exams. Candidates who, for example, achieved a score near 100 would provide feedback on specific questions that a) A majority of test takers got wrong, and b) Had numerous candidates contact NCEES about not enough information or incorrect information. If you are registered and did well on the exam, you should be contacted within a week or so.

Some real winners from the Oct 2019 WTTS thread:

(In regards to scheduling the Controls cut score meeting)
so ...folks who can't even manage to schedule a meeting in a timely fashion or run some tests through a scan-tron machine less than weeks hold the keys to our future .. great!!!!

I found the director of exam services for NCEES on LinkedIn and it took a lot for me not to message him and ask him to come off these results a lil bit
I'll send him a message hold on
every minute and a half? In alternating languages, font sizes and colors ... well past the tipping point!!

(Cat saying results take 8-10 weeks)
Nah. I feel like NCEES/Cat is just being petulant at this point.

(In regards to the wait time)
This is ridiculous.
This whole situation is just depressing
i am so confused !!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT
I DEFINITELY passed and also DEFINITELY failed the exam.
And I am definitely in whatever Phase this is.

OMG 45 DAYS and No Results

Engineers be like: OMG I woke up at 5:44 instead of 5:45 today. Must be a sign that results are dropping!

My hand got carpal tunnel from f5'ing
Is that what they call it these days?

I see some of us are in the angry phase.
The results come out when they come out. It is natural to be anxious (I am) but the release date is out of our control.
I also dont understand why people are asking the chatroom employees when results would come out. Why would they provide anything other than the canned response?
I'm actually not angry just getting tired of old timers on here pretending like since they had to wait for years for their results that we shouldn't push for a better service from the people we pay taxes to. It's like OK Boomer all over the place in here. So I figured I'd defend those that are frustrated.

As a customer, 8-10 weeks is not a precise enough deadline. Now the issue is I don't have a choice and can't fire the NCEES. Which is what I'm complaining about. You guys on the other hand are defending them for their vagueness for some odd reason.
That window is not acceptable to us. That is what we are complaining about. We just have no recourse because government. If you can agree to that then there is no argument. But acting like we have a choice is silly and acting like 8-10 week window is fine is silly.

But every project i worked on had a concrete release day i never told my clients I will submit the project within a 14 day window. Everytime i missed the date I let them know in advance. Yes, we have delays but we also notify.

Acting like they owe you an explanation as to why you haven't gotten your results before the window they give you is absurd.
They owe a more precise window in my opinion.

Client: So when are you going to get that thing done for us?

Professional: 8 to 10 weeks.

Client: Ok, good to know but looking back on records, you typically have gotten it done around 6 weeks or so. Any odd chance it’ll be closer to 6 weeks or 8 rather than 10?

Client: Ok….so how far along are you?

Client: Ok, can you give us any idea of what has been done to date and what needs done before you can deliver? Do you need to hold a meeting?

Client: Look, it’s the holidays and people need to plan projects for next year that are dependent on the results of your thing.

Client: So you’re saying 10 weeks?

Client: And if you don’t deliver in “8 to 10” weeks, nothing happens…..because?

Professional: 8 to 10 weeks (or more).

Client: Sigh……

Look man, the October 2019 was real rough for some reason. It was my first time taking the exam....my first wait....and it was excruciating. I think that since so many people were getting worked up, it made me get more worked up. This past April the wait didn't feel as bad. I think this wait is going to be the worst for me though. I'll do my best to not to get hysterical on you all. But if it gets to be December 13th and we still don't have results....I can't promise I won't be saying a lot of bad words and walking around looking crazy.

As evidenced above October '19 f$%^ing suuuuuucked. Every so often I'll go back and re-read a WttS or the equivalent thread. But I'm not touching Oct '19. People were just awful.

Look man, the October 2019 was real rough for some reason. It was my first time taking the exam....my first wait....and it was excruciating. I think that since so many people were getting worked up, it made me get more worked up.
Oct '19 released in 48 days and people were losing their s%^t. Oct '20 released in 53 days! And everyone generally remained calm. The difference was everyone knew when the release was coming in 2020 whereas no one had a clue in 2019 when things would drop.

April 2021 was for all intents and purposes, a normal predictable April wait.

But if it gets to be December 13th and we still don't have results....I can't promise I won't be saying a lot of bad words and walking around looking crazy.
I'd be pretty surprised if the initial release hasn't happened by Dec 13.
Your waiting on Kansas? Yeah, you'll definitely know before then. Can't say the same for those in Georgia, Hawaii, or Pennsylvania.

Your waiting on Kansas? Yeah, you'll definitely know before then. Can't say the same for those in Georgia, Hawaii, or Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania has historically been a day one release. Apr 2021, Oct 2020, I *think* Oct 2019 IIRC.

But it's okay, Maryland isn't that much more special!

As evidenced above October '19 f$%^ing suuuuuucked. Every so often I'll go back and re-read a WttS or the equivalent thread. But I'm not touching Oct '19. People were just awful.

Oct '19 released in 48 days and people were losing their s%^t. Oct '20 released in 53 days! And everyone generally remained calm. The difference was everyone knew when the release was coming in 2020 whereas no one had a clue in 2019 when things would drop.

April 2021 was for all intents and purposes, a normal predictable April wait.

We won't talk about CO.

Look man, the October 2019 was real rough for some reason. It was my first time taking the exam....my first wait....and it was excruciating. I think that since so many people were getting worked up, it made me get more worked up. This past April the wait didn't feel as bad. I think this wait is going to be the worst for me though. I'll do my best to not to get hysterical on you all. But if it gets to be December 13th and we still don't have results....I can't promise I won't be saying a lot of bad words and walking around looking crazy.

You're all good. It's just amazing that some people were actually getting frustrated with NCEES.

Pennsylvania has historically been a day one release. Apr 2021, Oct 2020, I *think* Oct 2019 IIRC.
You're incorrect on the first part. I've been monitoring Pennsylvania a lot longer than a year. I'm from there! They're historically one of the most delayed States when it comes to releasing results.

When I warn people that they should expect a State to have delays, it's because I've got the receipts. I don't troll.

This is the quintessential Pee-Ay release:
https://engineerboards.com/threads/pa-results.24563/

We won't talk about CO.
Oh yeah, forgot about them. I love how every year I tell the Coloradans that they'll be cursing DORA in December, and they're always like "but DORA is great, so easy to work with, blah blah blah". Then December rolls around and they become

44ln1o.gif

FWIW, people should not expect results on the first day from the following States (not exhaustive list)
  • Vermont
  • Rhode Island
  • Connecticut
  • Massachusetts
  • New Jersey
  • Pennsylvania
  • DC
  • Georgia
  • Florida
  • Mississippi
  • Illinois
  • Minnesota
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Montana
  • Colorado
  • Hawaii
A few of those may release on the first day, most won't.
  • The New England states are hit or miss. Generally one should expect a release after Day 1.
  • Texas is afternoon of Day 1 or morning of Day 2. It's a coin toss which will happen.
  • Minnesota(?), South Dakota, Hawaii, DC are "mailing" States and rarely release on Day 1. All but Hawaii are typically day 2
  • Pennsylvania -historically so awful and disorganized that no one should honestly expect them to release on Day 1. Best to plan for the worst and hope for the best.
  • New Jersey, Illinois, and Massachusetts are PCS or CTS States/Commonwealth and that means to expect delays. Also New Jersey is still New Jersey.
  • Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, Texas, Mississippi and Florida appear to have internal things they need to do before they release.
And let's not forget that there is always that one random State that has a random hiccup and things gets delayed one or more days. It's basically impossible to predict who will be that State in advance.

I tell people this not to troll, or start a panic. But to set expectations in advanced so people don't freak out when they're State hasn't released by 4pm on day 1.

Oh yeah, forgot about them. I love how every year I tell the Coloradans that they'll be cursing DORA in December, and they're always like "but DORA is great, so easy to work with, blah blah blah". Then December rolls around and they become

44ln1o.gif

FWIW, people should not expect results on the first day from the following States (not exhaustive list)
  • Vermont
  • Rhode Island
  • Connecticut
  • Massachusetts
  • New Jersey
  • Pennsylvania
  • DC
  • Georgia
  • Florida
  • Mississippi
  • Illinois
  • Minnesota
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Montana
  • Colorado
  • Hawaii
A few of those may release on the first day, most won't.
  • The New England states are hit or miss. Generally one should expect a release after Day 1.
  • Texas is afternoon of Day 1 or morning of Day 2. It's a coin toss which will happen.
  • Minnesota(?), South Dakota, Hawaii, DC are "mailing" States and rarely release on Day 1. All but Hawaii are typically day 2
  • Pennsylvania -historically so awful and disorganized that no one should honestly expect them to release on Day 1. Best to plan for the worst and hope for the best.
  • New Jersey, Illinois, and Massachusetts are PCS or CTS States/Commonwealth and that means to expect delays. Also New Jersey is still New Jersey.
  • Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, Texas, Mississippi and Florida appear to have internal things they need to do before they release.
And let's not forget that there is always that one random State that has a random hiccup and things gets delayed one or more days. It's basically impossible to predict who will be that State in advance.

I tell people this not to troll, or start a panic. But to set expectations in advanced so people don't freak out when they're State hasn't released by 4pm on day 1.
What about New York? :unsure:

I mean, looking back through the threads, PA has been a day 1 release for the last three exams. They've been day 1 or 2 for the last six exams dating back to Apr 2018. Day 1 or 2 since Oct 2016, except for Oct 2017 when they were a Day 3 state. Still not bad.

I want to know what the hell happened in 2015 (both Apr and Oct) when they were day 19 and day 11, respectively!

For the fun of it, I took the last 10 exams in PA and averaged the release times. Average release for April exams (5) was 39 days. October exams was 45 days. So, I like my chances of getting my result anywhere from Dec 6-10, with a chance it could be Dec 13-17 if EVERYTHING is delayed until that week.

Data don't lie lol.
I just scanned through that thread. What a bunch of crap they went through!
I went through that one this morning for goofs and it was both sad, frustrating, and hilarious all at the same time!

What sucked about Oct '19 release was that day 1 was Thursday, day 2 Friday, and day 3 (really day 5) the following Monday. That weekend was really hard on folks.

Back