October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they differ, but I meant does Texas’ process change what the examinee would see on their NCEES diagnostic?

like, would mine look identical to this if I was in Texas?
That's a good question, not sure How it is delivered to the ones who failed but for the ones who passed they just gave me a number which is over 70 with no details or info, just a number.

My motto is usually "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" but after seeing your posts offending all ladies in this group and now questioning Texas scoring/ licensing integrity I can't help it but say something and not nice: Please don't hide behind ESL skills issue, I moved to the US in my early 20's and managed to learn English which was my 4th language and Thank GOD I managed to communicate all those years without offending anyone (hopefully), I hope your engineering skills are better than your communication ones.
I didn’t want to talk about it anymore, but decided to write a quick summary of what I said.
1. I came from a place where 80% of civil engineers are female.
2. My first boss was a very nice knowledgeable lady who made me an engineer. I liked her a lot. She is the best boss I’ve ever had.
3. Based on my experience in US, I don’t think in this profession here there is place for discrimination. There is not enough good professional to be picky about. At least not where I live in US. I’ve worked with people of all sorts of types. Never seen anyone in 10 years judged based on anything but professional qualities.
4. Based on #1 and #3, my conclusion is “work hard, proof you’re worth it, be a fine professional and I am 100% sure you will succeed regardless if you are minority or not.”

where did I offend anyone?
I don’t see how anything listed above can offend anyone. Again, I apologize if it does.

My goal was only to encourage younger females for hard work and not to think that their gender or something else will limit what they can achieve.

1/3 of the small company I work at are females, Really good ones. One of them just become a Vice President. And I think it is great as she deserved it more than anyone else.

Why women are minorities in this profession? Idk. It is not like that back in my homecountry. And probably it starts at Civil Engineering school where, for example, half of my graduating class were females and almost all of them work in engineering offices. But in US I only had 1 in my class. Here is where the difference begins, not in the professional world.

@tdeckcox @nathan51993 Have either of you in Ohio hit the "next steps" button? Mine comes up as "Page not found" and then there's a link to go back to the main Ohio board page
I have and I get the same thing when I click it. I'm hoping it's just because the board hasn't gotten everything manually uploaded yet. I plan to give them a few days before we start to get concerned. Can you see your license in the look up portal yet?

I have and I get the same thing when I click it. I'm hoping it's just because the board hasn't gotten everything manually uploaded yet. I plan to give them a few days before we start to get concerned. Can you see your license in the look up portal yet?
Yes it still says the application number and "in review fee required"

have you tried the license lookup. It's had a poor success rate in the past, but a few people have learned it that way for Georgia. And unlike other States, a negative search usually doesn't mean a negative result. The way they upload new licenses is scattershot.
I've been refreshing the license lookup as well but nothing there yet either! Hoping for today so I don't have to wait through the weekend!

I think @jean15paul_PE already clarified it for you but basically Texas has its own scale where NCEES scores are given based on that scale (they don't change who pass or fail, NCEES decide the cutting score)

Now as your chosen word of "skewed" in a previous post to describe Texas scoring/licensing process, actually the exam is skewed not the scoring , during those 8 hours unlike other States they gave us a coloring book where we had to color not going outside the lines for 8 hours, I almost failed at Elmo in the playground page but it looks like I managed to do it right.

My motto is usually "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" but after seeing your posts offending all ladies in this group and now questioning Texas scoring/ licensing integrity I can't help it but say something and not nice: Please don't hide behind ESL skills issue, I moved to the US in my early 20's and managed to learn English which was my 4th language and Thank GOD I managed to communicate all those years without offending anyone (hopefully), I hope your engineering skills are better than your communication ones.
You speak 4 languages?!!!!!

You are a badass!

I was a nervous wreck yesterday. I hope you guys get results soon so you can relax a little bit.

I didn’t want to talk about it anymore, but decided to write a quick summary of what I said.
1. I came from a place where 80% of civil engineers are female.
2. My first boss was a very nice knowledgeable lady who made me an engineer. I liked her a lot. She is the best boss I’ve ever had.
3. Based on my experience in US, I don’t think in this profession here there is place for discrimination. There is not enough good professional to be picky about. At least not where I live in US. I’ve worked with people of all sorts of types. Never seen anyone in 10 years judged based on anything but professional qualities.
4. Based on #1 and #3, my conclusion is “work hard, proof you’re worth it, be a fine professional and I am 100% sure you will succeed regardless if you are minority or not.”

where did I offend anyone?
I don’t see how anything listed above can offend anyone. Again, I apologize if it does.

My goal was only to encourage younger females for hard work and not to think that their gender or something else will limit what they can achieve.

1/3 of the small company I work at are females, Really good ones. One of them just become a Vice President. And I think it is great as she deserved it more than anyone else.

Why women are minorities in this profession? Idk. It is not like that back in my homecountry. And probably it starts at Civil Engineering school where, for example, half of my graduating class were females and almost all of them work in engineering offices. But in US I only had 1 in my class. Here is where the difference begins, not in the professional world.
"Based on my experience in US, I don't think in this profession here there is place for discrimination."

How can you say that, though?

I can only speak from my experience as a white woman - while I've been fortunate to have respectful colleagues who I never felt discriminated by, I sure as hell didn't get that same treatment from subcontractors. Getting comments on how my hips looked in my clothes, calling me inappropriate nicknames - are those comments that would be directed towards a man?

No. And any woman you ask will likely have similar stories.

And like I mentioned in my previous post, this country is built on oppressive and inequitable systems. So just because you don't *see* it doesn't mean there isn't discrimination. Please listen and reflect on what others are telling you here.

Last edited:
I know they differ, but I meant does Texas’ process change what the examinee would see on their NCEES diagnostic?

like, would mine look identical to this if I was in Texas?
Every examinee who fails, regardless of State will get the NCEES diagnostic. The score x/80 is the only score that matters. The content on the diagnostic doesn't change based on State.

Examinees in Texas get an additional piece of paper that shows their score, which is 0-100%. I'll echo everything @jean15paul_PE wrote about it above.

I will however add that we don't know if Texas prepares that percentage "score" or if NCEES does it. The percentage score doesn't matter. You may be able to derive an approximate. But ultimately the cut score doesn't matter after the exam.

Another day of F5 for Minnesotans. I don't know how the later states do it even when they know they are going to be days later than everyone else.
Any Minnesotans here enrolled in the USPS Informed Delivery? At this point you may learn via snail mail faster than the NCEES dashboard.

GlossyQueasyGermanshorthairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

That's not about the truthfulness of the post. Instaead it's a visceral response to their internal processes.

Back