October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also shout out to EET. Nazrul is the best for teaching Water Resources, he went above and beyond to teach me the concepts. I skipped deep diving into structures and materials for the breadth and made up for it in the afternoon portion (not recommended but shows his effectiveness as an instructor.)
YES!!!! I took his courses last year! I would not have passed without his courses! I took both the breadth and depth courses last year and passed on my first attempt, though during The Suck, I was SURE that I failed! Congrats!!!

And, congrats to all who passed, and even to those who didn't. Just getting to the test IS an accomplishment and you should be proud of that. DO NOT be discouraged. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, and that test is not for the faint of heart. Keep your head up. Have a few drinks. Continue onward.

Also shout out to EET. Nazrul is the best for teaching Water Resources, he went above and beyond to teach me the concepts. I skipped deep diving into structures and materials for the breadth and made up for it in the afternoon portion (not recommended but shows his effectiveness as an instructor.)

What I remember from college and practice problems from Scribd helped me with the breadth portion. Having the EET breadth binder was good to have.

Nazrul taught water resources very well and made the environmental part very simple (I took ~2 environmental classes in college). As long as you stick to the study schedule, follow their test taking strategy and do as many of their practice problems as time will allow, you should feel very confident before and during the exam. (Only had slight nervous sweats at the beginning of depth, but quickly got over it)

Even though Civil is switching to CBT, I am confident they will be able to teach and pass many more students to come in the future!
I took the Environmental exam, but since I'm in remediation, I was very weak with water resources. I took the EET Water Resources course on my third attempt and can confirm that Nazrul is excellent. I really think that class is why I finally passed.

Day Two is in the books. It looks like we are still waiting on:
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • Delaware
  • DC
  • Tennessee
  • Georgia
  • Mississippi
  • Minnesota
  • Hawaii
I think we have representation for NJ, TN, MS, MN
Is anyone here, lurkers included, from NH, DE, DC, GA, HI?

My guess is DE and maybe NH and DC released by now and we don't know it.

In case anyone is wondering:

Some examinees may have gotten back a results of "results on hold" or similar. We've seen this a few times over the years. And while we haven't seen how each one has come to resolution, it's usually a very bad omen. Typically it means that the examinee is under investigation for some kind of misconduct. It could be as minor as taking the exam without authorization, or without meeting all the requirements. From there it may progress up to perjury on the application, or cheating on the exam, or talking about exam problems, or conduct detrimental to the exam etc etc. It'll be up to your local boar to adjudicate the issue and decide if any punishment is warranted.

You really really don't want to get this result.

I haven't seen anyone report it here this session, nor has anyone PM'd me about it. But it could be useful for lurkers or websearchers.

Anyway, someone asked about it on reddit. I'm not on reddit and have no plans to do so. But some people here are; either as members or lurkers (i.e. @structurenole15 ) . So feel free to link back to this post, or quote it, or whatever and respond back to this reddit:

I'm from GA waiting on results! trying to hold on to hope and patience!
have you tried the license lookup. It's had a poor success rate in the past, but a few people have learned it that way for Georgia. And unlike other States, a negative search usually doesn't mean a negative result. The way they upload new licenses is scattershot.

Day Two is in the books. It looks like we are still waiting on:
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • Delaware
  • DC
  • Tennessee
  • Georgia
  • Mississippi
  • Minnesota
  • Hawaii
I think we have representation for NJ, TN, MS, MN
Is anyone here, lurkers included, from NH, DE, DC, GA, HI?

My guess is DE and maybe NH and DC released by now and we don't know it.
I'm checking on Reddit as well, I think there are some from DC who asked so we may get the update there.

If a person is from TX, can a failing score be skewed by their board. I remember they have something different about publishing their results.
No. Only NCEES decides on passing/failing regardless of state. But Texas has some laws/rules that affect how the score is reported. If you're in Texas, in addition to the score info that you get from NCEES if you don't pass, everyone (pass & fail) gets a score from the Texas board that is numerically manipulated so that 70 is passing.

Last edited:
No. Only NCEES decides on passing/failing regardless of state. But Texas has some laws/rules that affect how the score is reported. If you're in Texas, in addition to the score info that you get from NCEES if you don't pass, everyone (pass & fail) gets a score from the Texas board that is numerically manipulated so that 70 is passing.
so, is the fail diagnostic the same in Texas as it is for Pennsylvania? That is, can the NCEES diagnostic say 47/80, but the Texas report say a different number?

What do you mean by skewed?

Are you asking if the board can overturn the result of the exam? Or does this have to do with the scores they report to all examinees?
Isn’t Texas the only state that provides both passing and failing scores? And the passing score doesn’t represent the true exam grade? I believe I’ve heard something like that before. So I was curious if it is possible for a published failing score not to represent a true exam score as well.

Isn’t Texas the only state that provides both passing and failing scores? And the passing score doesn’t represent the true exam grade? I believe I’ve heard something like that before. So I was curious if it is possible for a published failing score not to represent a true exam score as well.
jean15_paul PE answered my question about scoring in TX.

Last edited:
so, is the fail diagnostic the same in Texas as it is for Pennsylvania? That is, can the NCEES diagnostic say 47/80, but the Texas report say a different number?
The NCEES fail diagnostic give a raw score, i.e. 47/80

The Texas board provides everyone a "percentage" score but it's not an actual percentage. It's adjusted so that whatever the passing score is (as decided by NCEES and different for each exam) is set to 70. But Texas does not tell anyone how the adjust the scores and it doesn't appear to be a linear scaling.

If it says "fee required" does that mean that you passed? Just looked mine up and it still says "Exam eligible", but I was just curious. I hope that doesn't mean I failed if its not updated.

Just another fellow Ohioan tired of waiting...
I took the April 2021 WRE exam in Ohio and ended up passing. I knew it was going to be close and was a bit apprehensive about checking my result when it was first released. And yes, I saw the same thing on the E-license lookup and that "fee" they are talking about is the Final Registration Fee to be a PE! At least in my case it was; if you are seeing that in your lookup, I think you likely have passed!! Good luck.

I think @jean15paul_PE already clarified it for you but basically Texas has its own scale where NCEES scores are given based on that scale (they don't change who pass or fail, NCEES decide the cutting score)

Now as your chosen word of "skewed" in a previous post to describe Texas scoring/licensing process, actually the exam is skewed not the scoring , during those 8 hours unlike other States they gave us a coloring book where we had to color not going outside the lines for 8 hours, I almost failed at Elmo in the playground page but it looks like I managed to do it right.

My motto is usually "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" but after seeing your posts offending all ladies in this group and now questioning Texas scoring/ licensing integrity I can't help it but say something and not nice: Please don't hide behind ESL skills issue, I moved to the US in my early 20's and managed to learn English which was my 4th language and Thank GOD I managed to communicate all those years without offending anyone (hopefully), I hope your engineering skills are better than your communication ones.

Last edited:
The NCEES fail diagnostic give a raw score, i.e. 47/80

The Texas board provides everyone a "percentage" score but it's not an actual percentage. It's adjusted so that whatever the passing score is (as decided by NCEES and different for each exam) is set to 70. But Texas does not tell anyone how the adjust the scores and it doesn't appear to be a linear scaling.
I know they differ, but I meant does Texas’ process change what the examinee would see on their NCEES diagnostic?

like, would mine look identical to this if I was in Texas?

Attachments

• 6DD4BF75-BEBB-4FF4-AD58-25CABA1B279E.jpeg
    6DD4BF75-BEBB-4FF4-AD58-25CABA1B279E.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 32
Back