October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in NY they mail you the bill or you can get an "e-z" electronic pass
In North Carolina they use E-Z pass. There is a portion of I-540 in the Raleigh/Durham area which is toll. They put up the toll booths shortly after we moved to TN in 2016. My parents drove on the toll portion but never got billed. We visited my wife's family this past June and weren't sure if we'd get charged or not (the signs weren't clear and we never drove through a "booth" or E-Z pass section, but we did drive under cameras. Anyway, THREE months later we got a bill for $7.50 and I'm pretty sure we drove on for what amounted to less than 2 miles in I-540 (since I was trying to avoid it as much as I could). There was "admin" fee applied. I reminded my wife this morning to check her records and make sure we paid it. I don't want any stinking late fees!

depends on if the toll plaza and terminal was set up for "Toll-by-plate" or not. If it was set up then $50 isn't the right fee. If it wasn't set up at that plaza then it may look like the poster tried to skip the toll.

https://www.ezpassnj.com/en/about/faqs.shtml
I haven't actually been to New Jersey since covid, and I haven't driven in North Jersey in thirteen years so I have no idea what their toll system is like right now. @Dothracki PE

I know that MD are fully automated now. @structurenole15 says Pennsylvania is full automated. I think Delaware is fully converted too, at the very least they're in process.
That's the Port Authority that does the toll by mail. Basically anytime you cross the Hudson or East River to/from New York. But New Jersey tolls themselves are still either EZPass or Pay by Cash at the toll. Sorry @Liz06 that sucks. The only reccomendation I can make is to get an EZPass. Even if you don't have a vehicle and occasionally rent a car, it's a lot easier than paying by cash/coins at the NJ tolls. You don't even need a car to get one.

https://www.e-zpassny.com/en/home/index.shtml
1636397984023.png

In North Carolina they use E-Z pass. There is a portion of I-540 in the Raleigh/Durham area which is toll. They put up the toll booths shortly after we moved to TN in 2016. My parents drove on the toll portion but never got billed. We visited my wife's family this past June and weren't sure if we'd get charged or not (the signs weren't clear and we never drove through a "booth" or E-Z pass section, but we did drive under cameras. Anyway, THREE months later we got a bill for $7.50 and I'm pretty sure we drove on for what amounted to less than 2 miles in I-540 (since I was trying to avoid it as much as I could). There was "admin" fee applied. I reminded my wife this morning to check her records and make sure we paid it. I don't want any stinking late fees!
I know!! You better check it! But the bill I got states that is a violation! not because of paying late but I was on the wrong lane? or simply I had to had a Jersey e-z I guess.
The only thing I know is that this test is costing a fortune! and bills and fees continue rolling in 😭 😭

Reminds me of a story. Earlier this year, we finally switched my wife's car from her mom's name into her name. Prior to that, we must have run through the PA turnpike half a dozen times, nobody ever got a bill, nothing. Ran through it two times the week before we switched the name on the car, then after we switched it, we got a bill in the mail at OUR address for the trips that happened while the car was registered at MIL's.

Technically we could have made a scene with PA and been like "it was (MIL) that went through on (XXX DATE) and she sold the car to use on (YYY date), we're not paying her bill!"

But we aren't assholes so we paid the whole $5.50 lol

But it begs the question, what do you do when that happens and you don't actually know the person you bought the car from? Are you stuck for THEIR run-through tolls?

Give into your vices. Whatever you enjoy: drinking, video games, sex, etc. Will give you moments of respite. But depending on what your vices are that could be dangerous or unhealthy.
Very solid advise! TY! Stress really messes you up, sex life goes out the window and so many other bad side effects. My wife would have to get ready, and if she complains about my demand, I'll just blame it on you jean15paul_PE haha 😂

Latest posts

Back