October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received in the mail this last Friday the day of the exam New Jersey ez pass violation šŸ˜­ going back home to NY!!! I thought that once you pass the toll you will receive the bill in the mail??? not a violation!!! :(
Fight it or pay it???

Received in the mail this last Friday the day of the exam New Jersey ez pass violation šŸ˜­ going back home to NY!!! I thought that once you pass the toll you will receive the bill in the mail??? not a violation!!! :(
Fight it or pay it???
It probably is a bill. If it's EZ Pass, it's probably a whole "toll by plate" thing. Pennsylvania ditched their toll workers and went full toll by plate when the Pandemic hit and it'll probably never go back to people again.

Last night I had a nightmare about the stupid PE exam lol. So I finished the entire exam and instead of marking my answers on the sheet they gave us and bubble either A,B, C or D; I stupidly wrote down my answers on a scratch paper. Then they announced 'YOU HAVE ONE MINUTE' and I had to rush and copy my answers into the correct sheet. After the time was up, I still had couple of questions unmarked, even though I solved them. So I kept working on it then one of the proctors came and removed my exam from me and kicked me out for keep working on the exam after time was up. What stage am I? Is this stage 5?? Sorry English is not my first language.
This is "booted off stage" stage.

It probably is a bill. If it's EZ Pass, it's probably a whole "toll by plate" thing. Pennsylvania ditched their toll workers and went full toll by plate when the Pandemic hit and it'll probably never go back to people again.
the toll is $3.95 and the administrative fee is $50!
it clearly says that this was a violation!

I can't wait till it's over! Honestly this waiting period sucks and it's really stressing me out, day and night! Does anyone have any tips on how to not think about this stupid exam? Lol
Same here :( nightmares and all my free time is just obsessing about all questions I got wrong and the ones I thought I got right now I start second guessing I got them wrong too. I try to keep myself busy with work, my boss telling he never saw me as productive as lately lol, turnaround time for my projects are like 25% less lol and weekends I plan things with family and friends, my little one keeps me busy ...but the little free time left is PE PE PE everywhere lol, I refresh NCEES page like 10 times a day and nightmares don't tell me about it, I had one where I realized we were supposed to have 16 hours exam like SE and ended up missing the second day because I had no clue about it lol...almost there still hoping for a miracle where they publish those results like this week :) I hope the outcome will be positive for all of us :love:...PS: my new obsession now is if I signed the afternoon answer sheet.

Attachments

• 254434590_908722959770012_1824880833306971806_n.gif
    254434590_908722959770012_1824880833306971806_n.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
Fight it or pay it???
For whatever it's worth we had 2 toll bridges here (now only 1). Both of them were you either pay cash to a toll worker when you pass or you purchase an electronic toll tag and drive straight through. There's no option to get billed through the mail.

I assume since it's a violation there must have been an option to pay at the time?

I encountered that recently in Florida and thought it was pretty cool that you could get billed through the mail. On the other had Florida has WAY too may toll roads/bridges.

Last night I had a nightmare about the stupid PE exam lol. So I finished the entire exam and instead of marking my answers on the sheet they gave us and bubble either A,B, C or D; I stupidly wrote down my answers on a scratch paper. Then they announced 'YOU HAVE ONE MINUTE' and I had to rush and copy my answers into the correct sheet. After the time was up, I still had couple of questions unmarked, even though I solved them. So I kept working on it then one of the proctors came and removed my exam from me and kicked me out for keep working on the exam after time was up. What stage am I? Is this stage 5?? Sorry English is not my first language.
Your english was perfect. :)

Welcome to stage 4

I can't wait till it's over! Honestly this waiting period sucks and it's really stressing me out, day and night! Does anyone have any tips on how to not think about this stupid exam? Lol
Nope. It stays with you like nausea and a bad rash. Can't avoid it. It's always there...haunting you...during the day, and at night. Work sometimes offers a temporary relief... but not for long.

I do have advice on how not to think about it. It's real advice but it's not healthy advice, so I'm hesitant to post it. :)

I'm pretty sure they were supposed to pay in real time and not drive thru. That's the only way this makes sense.
depends on if the toll plaza and terminal was set up for "Toll-by-plate" or not. If it was set up then $50 isn't the right fee. If it wasn't set up at that plaza then it may look like the poster tried to skip the toll.

https://www.ezpassnj.com/en/about/faqs.shtml
I haven't actually been to New Jersey since covid, and I haven't driven in North Jersey in thirteen years so I have no idea what their toll system is like right now. @Dothracki PE

I know that MD are fully automated now. @structurenole15 says Pennsylvania is full automated. I think Delaware is fully converted too, at the very least they're in process.

For whatever it's worth we had 2 toll bridges here (now only 1). Both of them were you either pay cash to a toll worker when you pass or you purchase an electronic toll tag and drive straight through. There's no option to get billed through the mail.

I assume since it's a violation there must have been an option to pay at the time?

I encountered that recently in Florida and thought it was pretty cool that you could get billed through the mail. On the other had Florida has WAY too may toll roads/bridges.
in NY they mail you the bill or you can get an "e-z" electronic pass

Back