October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked our ED to let me know when she tells NCEES to release our results. I'll update the forum when I hear something. (Though if everyone's constantly refreshing their screens, you may know before me!)

Good luck to everyone!
Good morning FBPE, hope you are feeling well rested and ready to tackle the day! Have I mentioned how you are my favorite licensing board in the entire word? because you are. Also, did you lose weight? because you are looking trim and toned; Wow!

I just called the NJ board.  The representative first said that it would be 2-3 weeks (??).  I insisted that NCEES released the results to the states yesterday, and she said that it would be at least a week for the board to email the results.  I am really hoping there was a misunderstanding!

So by popular opinion is it safe to say that EET course is great for Civil Water Resources too? I mean I am assuming the breadth is great based of on several posts here. Please recommend. Thanks.... Also, Goodmorning 🌞 had a sleepless night after failing now the news feels more settled in ...Ready for my coffee and for the next chapter🤸‍♂️
Absolutely. EET was great. I'm not NCEES confirmed as a passer, but I found my name on the states licensee list.. but I'm going to chalk this "supposed pass" to EET. Their binders and their classes were easy to understand and like others, I used them for about 85% of the test. 

I just called the NJ board.  The representative first said that it would be 2-3 weeks (??).  I insisted that NCEES released the results to the states yesterday, and she said that it would be at least a week for the board to email the results.  I am really hoping there was a misunderstanding!
You're joking right?  I shouldn't be shocked...but you're joking right?

So by popular opinion is it safe to say that EET course is great for Civil Water Resources too? I mean I am assuming the breadth is great based of on several posts here. Please recommend. Thanks.... Also, Goodmorning 🌞 had a sleepless night after failing now the news feels more settled in ...Ready for my coffee and for the next chapter🤸‍♂️
WRE here too. Used SoPE first time and failed, felt grossly underprepared. EET this time and it was night and day difference. We will see once FL releases...

Had a buddy of mine took the WRE twice.  Said the first time he took SoPE and failed.  Thought their Depth was a little lacking.  Took the EET the second time around and passed. I'm guessing Nazrul is the instructor for the EET WRE depth as he did the Hydraulics/Hydrology Breadth.  He's great.  Explains things very clearly and I think he does a great job of "dumbing it down" for someone who doesn't practice in that area regularly (or at all).  I've been in heavy highway construction for about 9 years now and haven't seen a Manning's equation or Rational Method problem since college. He did a great job bringing it all back for me.
Having taken SoPE for structural depth, I'd agree that it felt like it wasn't adequate. Sure, there was plenty of material, but I still had to basically christmas-tree 8 questions or so at the end, so how well did it REALLY help me prepare?
That could be down to time management, too, but idk.

Absolutely. EET was great. I'm not NCEES confirmed as a passer, but I found my name on the states licensee list.. but I'm going to chalk this "supposed pass" to EET. Their binders and their classes were easy to understand and like others, I used them for about 85% of the test. 
Where did you go to check if you don't mind me asking? Thanks 

Having taken SoPE for structural depth, I'd agree that it felt like it wasn't adequate. Sure, there was plenty of material, but I still had to basically christmas-tree 8 questions or so at the end, so how well did it REALLY help me prepare?
That could be down to time management, too, but idk.
I took TestMasters for WRE. I also felt it wasn't too helpful for either breadth or depth.

Not joking and I'm beside myself right now.  You can call and confirm if you'd like.. please provide an update if so.
Do you know who you spoke with?  Or was it the first person to answer the phone?  On the Board website there is an email address for someone who's been delegated the responsibility of dealing with exam related matters.  I'm tempted to shoot an email over.

Not surprised.  When I passed for NY, in December 2018, it took a solid 4 months before I actually showed up in NYS license records.  So.  I was in awkward "I passed, but can't called myself a PE since I technically don't have a license number yet" limbo for a while.

Where did you go to check if you don't mind me asking? Thanks 
I saw in the past that SD added passers to their licensee lookup site. So depending on your state, you'd check that site for your state. This doesn't work for every state though, because not all work that way.

Not joking and I'm beside myself right now.  You can call and confirm if you'd like.. please provide an update if so.

Do you know who you spoke with?  Or was it the first person to answer the phone?  On the Board website there is an email address for someone who's been delegated the responsibility of dealing with exam related matters.  I'm tempted to shoot an email over.
please don't bug the state board reps either. just chill and stare at my model dog while you wait.

It was the first person to answer, didn't catch her name.  I just sent an email to my delegated representative and will update if I receive a response.  Sorry, don't mean to spread the panic it just seems ridiculous they would take that long and I really hope she was wrong.

Not surprised.  When I passed for NY, in December 2018, it took a solid 4 months before I actually showed up in NYS license records.  So.  I was in awkward "I passed, but can't called myself a PE since I technically don't have a license number yet" limbo for a while.
That's crazy!  Though at least you knew you passed.  I asked her point blank "So that's the soonest I can find out if I passed or not?  And she softly said "yes.."".

I saw in the past that SD added passers to their licensee lookup site. So depending on your state, you'd check that site for your state. This doesn't work for every state though, because not all work that way.
Thank you, I have been using the FL lookup but nothing. Hope that doesn't mean anything.😕

hey so from my personal experience, i don't recommend immediately diving back in and signing up and all of that ****.

i was really bummed that i didn't pass and i was all gung-ho, "i'm gonna retake it the next exam cycle and pass!" and i was so burnt out from working and studying that i didn't study. at all.

so my suggestion is to take a few weeks off from even thinking about the PE. and re-evaluate if you really want to take it the next exam cycle - if you work-life balance can handle it, if you home life can handle it, if your mental health can handle it (most important imo), if your physical health can handle it. 

Good morning FBPE, hope you are feeling well rested and ready to tackle the day! Have I mentioned how you are my favorite licensing board in the entire word? because you are. Also, did you lose weight? because you are looking trim and toned; Wow!
Thanks! And thank you for ignoring this COVID weight. 🙄

By the way, FBPE just authorized NCEES to release the October 2020 results.

Back