October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go here:

https://newjersey.mylicense.com/eGov/Login.aspx

If you haven't made a username/password for the board yet (which was the case with me because covid delayed them processing my initial documents), click on "Register Person" on the left.  With your social and DOB, it will find your file, and you can set up the account.

After you log in, click "View Checklist" in the blue bar, and see if it says anything after "Passed PE".
Once you logged in...did that initial screen change? Like under the "Professional Engineer" tab does it still say Pending?  And then you click it and it's updated?

Once you logged in...did that initial screen change? Like under the "Professional Engineer" tab does it still say Pending?  And then you click it and it's updated?
Yes, initial tab says "pending" still.  They still haven't contacted my references or anything.

Yes, initial tab says "pending" still.  They still haven't contacted my references or anything.
So you must have been after the April exam cancelled?  Every line of mine is filled out from my application to take the April exam.  The only blanks are "Pass PE Exam" and "Initial License/Permit/Cert Fee"

Is anyone here from Washington, or does anyone have any info on Washington? I feel like I'm at an airport baggage carousel where the last few bags are being claimed, it's still spinning, and no new bags are coming down the chute. 
Baggage Claim Update:

CT and SD/s bags came down the chute, and they turned the carousel off. WA, MN, GA, NJ, MT, HI had to go visit the dreaded baggage office. WA gets a vague story of bags being mixed up in transit, to be found and delivered  "tomorrow." We'll believe it when we see it. GA and NJ get shown a pile of bags, only a few being correct. The rest of the bags are to arrive at an unknown time, with a halfhearted promise of "tomorrow." MN, MT, and HI are given a comfy seat and told to sit tight, as the bags will have to be delivered by ground and will arrive anytime between tomorrow and next year. 

So you must have been after the April exam cancelled?  Every line of mine is filled out from my application to take the April exam.  The only blanks are "Pass PE Exam" and "Initial License/Permit/Cert Fee"
I sent my app in early March, RIGHT as things were shutting down.  So most of my items are still unchecked.  Oddly, my "Passed FE" is unchecked, but that might be because I took it in Delaware.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in the checklist you guys, I know it's easier said than done but I've seen very few NJ people report that they saw theirs show up there.

I sent my app in early March, RIGHT as things were shutting down.  So most of my items are still unchecked.  Oddly, my "Passed FE" is unchecked, but that might be because I took it in Delaware.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in the checklist you guys, I know it's easier said than done but I've seen very few NJ people report that they saw theirs show up there.
I'm not putting any stock anywhere until I see it in writing, regardless of result.  I'm just trying to find ways to quell the anxiety.  I know its only tomorrow to get to but I could use a lighter piano on my back..

I'm not putting any stock anywhere until I see it in writing, regardless of result.  I'm just trying to find ways to quell the anxiety.  I know its only tomorrow to get to but I could use a lighter piano on my back..
Funny thing is that right after the exam I said I am not going to pass and I was kind of OK with that but anxiety started to build up after they started to release the results.

Totally get it.  Best wishes and whatever happens will be OK.

Funny thing is that right after the exam I said I am not going to pass and I was kind of OK with that but anxiety started to build up after they started to release the results.
Opposite here.  I walked out extremely confident.  Which was a double edged sword because then i got into my head thinking i probably fell for every trick.  For the last 2 weeks or so I've been recalling certain problems (in no great detail) and thinking about what I did or didn't do. So now I'm convinced I either did really well or terrible.

Opposite here.  I walked out extremely confident.  Which was a double edged sword because then i got into my head thinking i probably fell for every trick.  For the last 2 weeks or so I've been recalling certain problems (in no great detail) and thinking about what I did or didn't do. So now I'm convinced I either did really well or terrible.
Good luck! Hopefully you are on the Really Well side.

Baggage Claim Update:

CT and SD/s bags came down the chute, and they turned the carousel off. WA, MN, GA, NJ, MT, HI had to go visit the dreaded baggage office. WA gets a vague story of bags being mixed up in transit, to be found and delivered  "tomorrow." We'll believe it when we see it. GA and NJ get shown a pile of bags, only a few being correct. The rest of the bags are to arrive at an unknown time, with a halfhearted promise of "tomorrow." MN, MT, and HI are given a comfy seat and told to sit tight, as the bags will have to be delivered by ground and will arrive anytime between tomorrow and next year. 
Exactly how I feel. Now to go trudge off to the airport hotel and brush my teeth with the "loaner" toothbrush...

Back