October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here from Guam or The Philippines? I'm curious to hear from their perspective as I can't imagine how long they have to wait for their PE Exam results to be released

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what the holdup is in Colorado? I've been trying to talk to someone at DORA for 2 hrs now. Left various voicemails with no callbacks. It's as if all DORA employees are missing in action.

Does anyone know what the holdup is in Colorado? I've been trying to talk to someone at DORA for 2 hrs now. Left various voicemails with no callbacks. It's as if all DORA employees are missing in action.
My best guess is it has to do with the decoupling Colorado did early last year.

It took someone emailing DORA the Monday after everyone else had their results for someone over there to get the button pressed. 

ETA: Try not to get too stressed, and try not to harass too many people. They will get annoyed. 

Woah, I was reminded by something today about how I was nearly on the brink of insanity this time last year and decided to check in again.

You guys taking this under 2020 conditions are stronger than I am, congrats!

My best guess is it has to do with the decoupling Colorado did early last year.

It took someone emailing DORA the Monday after everyone else had their results for someone over there to get the button pressed. 

ETA: Try not to get too stressed, and try not to harass too many people. They will get annoyed. 
Interesting insight. I would've thought that the decoupling made it easier on DORA. Under the new system DORA just needs to say yay/nay and NCEES does all the work.

Thanks. I'm being as kind as can be, but I would love to annoy that one person at DORA who makes the final call.

Interesting insight. I would've thought that the decoupling made it easier on DORA. Under the new system DORA just needs to say yay/nay and NCEES does all the work.

Thanks. I'm being as kind as can be, but I would love to annoy that one person at DORA who makes the final call.
I believe there's still some lingering folks who applied the old way, and they have to get those all straightened out first. When I was waiting for results last year, the folks who had applied before decoupling all got their licenses put in the lookup before we found out the next week. 

Lol. so you are having fun here eh ? and you are from WRE. I am structural from FL. Fingers crossed
Well I was having fun here yesterday.... was supposed to be busy with EB Mafia today but God has other plans ....Now I am just typing here pretending as if I haven't seen my result yet.... yesterday was better....

Seems like the pace of states reporting in has trickled considerably down since the morning rush. Possibility that only one or two more states report before the end of the day?

Is there anything that we have to do to get our results. DORA is saying that I NCEES hasn't compiled a record for me. I submitted all of the expereinece/verification through the NCEES my portal, but that is the only thing I have done. I haven't done anything with DORA. Any info?

Is there anything that we have to do to get our results. DORA is saying that I NCEES hasn't compiled a record for me. I submitted all of the expereinece/verification through the NCEES my portal, but that is the only thing I have done. I haven't done anything with DORA. Any info?
No idea. @MadamPirate PE?

This seems like a good thing to discuss in a separate Colorado thread. It wouldn't surprise me if other people are having this issue.

You don't have an application ready in DORA's system. You'll complete your NCEES record once you have a passing result, then transmit it to DORA for initial licensure. 

Like @RBHeadge PE said, I'm going to go ahead and start a Colorado thread in the Oct 2020 forum. That's a better place to talk about this stuff.

Back