October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bet is for Tuesday December 15th. I feel like around 7:55 am EasternĀ time will have the notification email... damn even thinking about it is stressful šŸ˜–

Last edited by a moderator:
My bet is for Tuesday December 15th. I feel like around 7:55 am Easter time will have the notification email... damn even thinking about it is stressful šŸ˜–
Its unlikely to be that early in the morning

My bet is for Tuesday December 15th. I feel like around 7:55 am Easter time will have the notification email... damn even thinking about it is stressful šŸ˜–
Its unlikely to be that early in the morning
This thread might be exploding around 7:55 et that morning. But NCEES won't even open for another 5 minutes.

For historic reference (all times eastern):

Oct 19Ā  Ā  Ā  1003Ā AM

Apr 19Ā  Ā  Ā  1145 AM

Oct 18Ā  Ā  Ā  1228 PM

Apr 18Ā  Ā  Ā  0906 AM

Oct 17Ā  Ā  Ā  Before 130 PM

We didn't start formally tracking and recordingĀ the times for each state State until April 2018. We have loose times for Oct 17 based on the timestamps I included in my map posts.

From 2006ish to AprĀ  2017 we anecdotally noticed that the States would release anytime between 9AM and 11PM - with the initial release happening anytime during regular east coast business hours. In recent memory (2014+), all releases tend to be confined to east coast business hours.Ā 

I wasn't part of the initial release in Oct 2019 but my results came in at 9:57am EST.

And for Oct 2018, I got my results at 1:15pm EST (I don't remember if I was inital release or not).

Point is, results are gonna come in at any point during business hours.

wake up

check email - no email from ncees

check myncees anyway - no result

get to work

check email - no email from ncees

check myncees anyway - no result

check EB.com to see if anyone else got their results - nope

rinse and repeat everyday regardless of my understanding of the January test constriction

Ok, then I will take my bet back! Lol... hopefully, we will have the result by the end of business hours on Tuesday. I think knowing the result are not coming out till after the 14th wasn't a bad thing at least for me. now as we are getting closer to the date, the anxiety level is killing me ...Ā 

My bet is for Tuesday December 15th. I feel like around 7:55 am EasternĀ time will have the notification email... damn even thinking about it is stressful šŸ˜–
I am still hoping we will know today and will keep checking. But if I don't hear by 5pmEST I will relax a little until Tuesday.

I am still hoping we will know today and will keep checking. But if I don't hear by 5pmEST I will relax a little until Tuesday.
Since NCEES clearly stated that the result wonā€™t be released until after ending the January exam registration, I really donā€™t expect to have them before Monday. So, in conclusion, start being relax from now and donā€™t wait till 5pm... šŸ¤“

Forget next Friday, you can see if you failed right now. If you can register for the cbt pe it means you probably failed.
I need to remember that this whole process is intermingled with CBT. Gone are the 6-8 week P&P days.Ā 

Well, Civil doesn't transition until 2022, so I only know that process.

Not gonna happen. Don't get your hopes up.

Since NCEES clearly stated that the result wonā€™t be released until after ending the January exam registration, I really donā€™t expect to have them before Monday. So, in conclusion, start being relax from now and donā€™t wait till 5pm... šŸ¤“
:plusone:

I think knowing the result are not coming out till after the 14th wasn't a bad thing at least for me. now as we are getting closer to the date, the anxiety level is killing me ...Ā 
I'mĀ fan of having an official NET date and its a net positive. I think it's helped to keep things calmer for everyone involved. Given the "delay", anxiety levels would certainly be much worse without some knowledgeĀ (see: Oct '19, Oct '14, Oct '12)

And personally, it helps me figure out a schedule. The build up to release day and especially release date itself is a lot of work for me on these forums.

You will know by next Friday.
Probably... unless you're in Pennsylvania or Georgia.

Forget next Friday, you can see if you failed right now. If you can register for the cbt pe it means you probably failed.
rIan5Kkh.jpg

The register for the next exam thing isn't legit. Can we please let this one die. I wrote about it in the first post:

Futile Exercise B (trying to figure out how to get results before they come out) Youā€™ll start trying to figure out ways to learn of your results before they come out. This will include searching your stateā€™s PE license lookup or another state website, spam calling and emailing NCEES or the state board, etc.

First: Please be nice to your state board workers! You are taking this test to become a professional, so act like a professional.

NCESS wonā€™t tell you anything beyond ā€œ8-10 weeksā€ until after they released the results. The state boards wonā€™t tell you much more and NCESS usually doesnā€™t share anything firm with them anyway. The boards will often get surprised with the results too. No state starts updating their license lookup prior to the initial release of results. So donā€™t bother searching there until at least one state has released first! Some states (Mass, NJ, and a couple others) have other websites likeļ»æĀ  where you can divine a pass/fail, but it wonā€™t happen until other states have already started releasing, and those states tend to release after everyone else too.

Oh, and donā€™t fall for the ā€œtry to register for the next examā€ trick. Itā€™s not a valid way to determine if you passed or failed. Now that you know about it, I have ZERO pity for you if you still fall for this it!

And BTW, getting mailers for PE study courses and/or PDH courses isnā€™t a sign that you failed or passed either. Nor is getting an invitation to join ASCE or NSPE. It simply means that youā€™re on someonesā€™ mailing list.

They def use a cauldron, some herbs, lots of yelling, and alcohol.

Or they might be making spaghetti.

Tbh, thinking too hard about the scoring isn't truly worth it.Ā  That's why I liked that a majority of the exam results are just pass or fail.Ā  If I pass = Yay!Ā  If I fail = I'm a miserable human being who doesn't deserve to live, why do I even better myself, it's not worth it, I obviously should never try to succeed again

mickey mouse.gif

Latest posts

Back